Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new map: Wintery

4 posters

Go down

My new map: Wintery Empty My new map: Wintery

Post by Envy Mon 28 Jun 2010, 12:44 am

Hey guys! I just finished my new map called "Wintery" The Overhead will be made soon (@ DeoX, can you make it for me? Ill pm you the screenie)

I need comments, suggestions, and any thing i can get^^! So, jsut to describe the map, it is a very fast paced winter map, and the type of "One mine in the middle" type map. kind of like pushi3t. I hope you like, and eventually we could get it on the server!
Here is the pic:
My new map: Wintery Z9luG

Thanks for checking this out, please comment.

~Envy
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

My new map: Wintery Empty Re: My new map: Wintery

Post by Aneurysm Mon 28 Jun 2010, 4:44 am

You need to reduce the amount of foliage on the outside of your map (all the pine trees) and then increase the amount of foliage through the reachable areas of the map.

As it stands there will be far too little cover on your map which will map it a very difficult game for beasts.

Also the pine tree model is by default very large, it helps to make your map look more natural if you resize some of them smaller to give more variety.

If you are making a snow map, you should probably use some snow props to help set the theme. There are lots of snow trees and rocks to help make it look authentic.

What is with the big red blob of paint in the north? It sort of doesn't look like it fits the rest of the map.

There is a frontgate_prop to the west of the bottom stronghold but nothing on the other side of the map to balance it out for the other race.

Well, that's all I can see from the screen shot. Make sure you place occluders and read my tutorial to see how to place them correctly. Also boot your map in a dev world (type "world wintery" in console and make sure you can walk workers all around the map and that all areas around the main bases and stone mines are build-able. Also check that there are not any hills around the outside that players can climb and exploit.

Fix those problems and you should be ready to rock and roll.
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Mon 28 Jun 2010, 10:28 am

You told us to comment : I don't have much to say because I'm not an expert on maps. All I can say is that it looks good for a 1st try. Mine was totally worse Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 28 Jun 2010, 6:56 pm

Like Adam, for a first try I believe this doesn't look too bad -- but I also have no experience with map-making to truly comment seriously.

Aneurysm however, makes some very helpful suggestions, and although I don't have knowledge of map-making, I can follow and understand the tips he is giving you. If you wish to improve your map and to take the feedback to makes things better, I think you will gain some extremely valuable experience in map-making.

Tweak the map according to what Aneurysm suggested, keep in mind anything you think can be changed/improved on your own, and keep making maps and perfecting the art of map-making for Savage! =)
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Thu 01 Jul 2010, 9:43 am

thanks guys! btw, i was on a trip and left before i could tell you guys, so i was inactive for a few days. Ane, points taken, I will try to check these various things out.
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Thu 01 Jul 2010, 10:13 pm

Envy wrote:Ane, points taken, I will try to check these various things out.

Aneurysm is a girl ? FIrst girl on the forums ! =)

Anyways, when can I try out the map ? Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneurysm Fri 02 Jul 2010, 6:34 pm

No mate, I am not a girl, Ane is just a shortened version of Aneurysm.

ei so Australiano nou Australiana Razz
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Fri 02 Jul 2010, 7:15 pm

Haha! Oh well. I thought he was saying Anne. Like, the girl name Very Happy My bad.

Haha, tu e Australiano Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum