Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Empty xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes!

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sat 07 Aug 2010, 11:53 pm

Like I told u yesterday, here's the map with a humanwall for the beasts to siege and for humans to roll rocks and trow boxes and shit on their heads Very Happy
Beasts have a defensive wall as well with a secret acces (they both have one).
I'm still fighting with the t2-building, but every time I quit the editor and reload the map, the t2-buildings seem to have been transformed to t1-buildings. So the very last time I edit the map, I'll replace all buildings of t2 and it should be fine Wink
For now, walk around as a hummie Razz (Or a fast beast xD)

I'm still testing some shit. (especially the rocks, to be climbed with a couple of ladders, really hard xD)

Here it is:

http://www.walkontheotherside.com/xr_siege.zip

Didn't intend to make it pretty, just to have some fun at a praccy Wink

You can play the map by pasting the map in ur world-folder (where all maps are), starting savage, typing ` and typing 'world xr_siege'. Tell me what u think Wink Very Happy

(My very first map btw cheers )
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Empty Re: xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes!

Post by DieOrFail Sun 08 Aug 2010, 1:43 am

I will have a look at it right now! Very Happy
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Empty Re: xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes!

Post by DieOrFail Sun 08 Aug 2010, 2:02 am

Hm, I can't load the map. It gives me an error message...

'SV_SpawnObject: Invalid object type 0 passed to SV_SpawnObject'
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sun 08 Aug 2010, 2:16 am

Ehm... Me have no specialty in savage not.

U have XR rc3? Smile (all I can think off Razz)

BTW: Tnx for the effort of taking a look! Very Happy Just tested and u CAN climb the stones on the sidewall (just out of beastbase). U need only two ladders Wink
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 08 Aug 2010, 2:59 am

Morgoth of Udun wrote:Ehm... Me have no specialty in savage not.

U have XR rc3? Smile (all I can think off Razz)

BTW: Tnx for the effort of taking a look! Very Happy Just tested and u CAN climb the stones on the sidewall (just out of beastbase). U need only two ladders Wink

Hm, I have the Mac client... should be XR RC 3...
I will test in on a Windows system later Very Happy
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sun 08 Aug 2010, 4:22 am

Updated it, same link, new file Wink

There doesn't seem to be anything on newerth.com about ur error Sad I'll ask around Smile
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 08 Aug 2010, 4:44 am

Morgoth of Udun wrote:Updated it, same link, new file Wink

There doesn't seem to be anything on newerth.com about ur error Sad I'll ask around Smile

Tested it with the new file, but it didn't work, too :/
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sun 08 Aug 2010, 6:12 am

SpawnObject.... What could that be? Flag? SH? Sub?

Well, you can always open it in the editor Wink

BTW: All of the sudden I can't make t2 buildings AT ALL now, well I can place them, but when I start game they appear as t1's (so hummies have spires and shit). Quite odd..

Any1 (crashday?) can help me with this?

BTW2.0: new version up. Secret routes are working and the stone are normalsized and can pass through gates and stuff. Also a little surprise up the ladderclimbingthing. Same link still Smile
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 08 Aug 2010, 6:17 am

I have no editor, there is no one for Mac Very Happy

Ye, maybe there is something next to a spawnlocation, and, I dunno why, it gives me an error while hosting a server...
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 08 Aug 2010, 6:22 am

Okay, I tried to load xr_physics and xr_plateau, and they gave me the same error message...

Kinda weird :S
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:53 am

Hmm... so it's not my map.

Well, that's cool, but kinda fucked for u Razz But u were there yesterday on physics, right?... Odd..
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 08 Aug 2010, 8:01 am

Well, I can play on these maps, but I can't host them myself Very Happy

Crash or March should upload your map on the servers!
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Mon 09 Aug 2010, 9:27 am

sry teaman for not answering... i read your post today and I know a solution! I once had the same problem and tried different things but only one solution worked! If you download RMod 5, there is also a rmod map editor in your savage folder. But i don't prefer to use this one. I only use it if i have to build human/beast buildings. Try it and say me if It worked!

i haven't looked at your map up to now, but will do it asap. Now im on ipod and i have no possibility to look at your map... But I bet it looks great. Btw: today i furthered my xr_plateau map! Now it has some really awesome features like a weapon giving system, boxes, ladders, rolling stones ^^, secret hidden entries, or a cave with fog or realisic looking textures with shadow paintings ^^

RMod: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,7599.0.html
xr_plateau: http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=1998
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 09 Aug 2010, 4:29 pm

Wow Morgoth! That is pretty darn awesome, I'll admit. xD My computer pretty much lags whenever looking at the beast or human side of the map, but dang....don't think I've seen any map like it in all my years playing Savage.

I ran around a bit on the human team (and ran along the 'streets' xD), and I also took some screenshots as spec. I think I found some of the secret access areas. =) Would be great to try this out just for fun at one of the clan-friendship-times or clan practices. =D

It's just the sheer lag of all those buildings Sad Here are screenshots for those of you who want to see Morgoth's amazing city building (for a first time that is pretty good by the way xD)

xr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00043oj.thxr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00044u.thxr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00045i.thxr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00046z.thxr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00047p.thxr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00048b.thxr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00049ds.thxr_siege! :D Let's throw some boxes! Shot00050p.th

If you have time Morgoth, try looking at this guide on map-making, if you haven't seen it before. Even if you aren't making a 'serious' map to play for real matches, there are some helpful tips and information in the the guide that can improve and help you understand map-making in general. Just a thought. =)

EDIT: Crashday, I looked at your updated map xr_plateau too, I saw you moved the human stronghold to the upper hill now, but how can workers build anywhere below the hill now? Sad I saw you put monkits and some rocks though in the water area xD
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Mon 09 Aug 2010, 7:40 pm

Tnx TN Wink I used that guide to 'learn' how to move around and stuff Wink Indeed very useful.

It indeed lags, but I thought that this was because the map was hosted/played/whatevered on the clients computer, if it's not, I'll try messing around with some less building or occluders (occluders help for that right? Razz).

And thank you too, Crash! Very Happy I'll try to put the buildings up now and will let you know whether it worked or not.
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Mon 09 Aug 2010, 8:05 pm

Okay, tried the rmod... And it seems to be for windows (.bat files O.o) so that won't be working Razz I might start up windows some day and place the buildings anyway Wink

BTW: TN, u tried to climb the stones yet?? Very Happy
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Tue 10 Aug 2010, 2:40 am

ok tea ^^
Isn't there any emulator?
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 10 Aug 2010, 4:32 am

Occluders do help reduce lag, but only when placed inside terrain (I believe). For example, you cannot place an occluder right in the middle of the map, because player's will see it in-game. You can only use it inside large hills/mountains, and you want to prefer using four at max, rather than a larger number like 8.

I'm not sure though, this what I've just heard and read from other map-making players/guides. Never tried it myself. Aneurysm's guide should cover some explanations about occluders, take a look again. =)

And I didn't CLIMB the mountain yet, but I did cheat as spec and zoomed up the path to see what it looks like. Smile The thing you have at the top will be funny if the first player gets to the top and pushes down onto the others still climbing xD
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Tue 10 Aug 2010, 5:45 am

No, there doesn't seem to be for batchfiles, although there is an alternative for linux, but that doesn't really help me in this case Razz So I could also try to run it in WINE, but then all of savage should we windows as well... That'll become a big mess when you let me do it xD Windows will rise from the dust for some mins I guess Wink

TNaismith wrote:The thing you have at the top will be funny if the first player gets to the top and pushes down onto the others still climbing xD

Yeah, that was the idea Razz Would be fun to watch Wink But it'll be fun anyways from that big height Wink
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Tue 10 Aug 2010, 7:55 am

oh right you have ubuntu. dorfi has mac ^^
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Tue 10 Aug 2010, 7:58 am

Crashday wrote:oh right you have ubuntu. dorfi has mac ^^

Both can use WINE Smile

But I think this won't be as easy as it looks like...
TeaMan is right, I think you need Windows for the editor =(
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Tue 10 Aug 2010, 8:56 am

wow both can run wine!! this is cool =) didnt kmow that
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Tue 10 Aug 2010, 6:32 pm

Crashday wrote:wow both can run wine!! this is cool =) didnt kmow that

Me neither! Smile
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Tue 10 Aug 2010, 7:31 pm

Morgoth of Udun wrote:
Crashday wrote:wow both can run wine!! this is cool =) didnt kmow that

Me neither! Smile

Well, Mac OSX is based on UNIX, too =)
I don't need wine, but it works Very Happy
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Tue 10 Aug 2010, 7:45 pm

Okay, Crashday, I tried to place the buildings using the rmod-editor (which is wtf btw, why is every controlboxthingie transparent? O.o Razz) on windows (bleh) but it doesn't seem to work at all Razz
Posted the issue on newerth now, will see what comes out there Wink

The other solution is, of course, to only have human buildings and just get some decorational buildings for t2...
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum