Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Savage XR movie) Feel the Rhythm - Discussion

4 posters

Go down

(Savage XR movie) Feel the Rhythm - Discussion Empty (Savage XR movie) Feel the Rhythm - Discussion

Post by TNaismith Tue 24 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

Was watching a two-part video promoting Savage done by youtube user drkyoubl9ttube, also known as drk from Sun clan, and it dawned on me how pretty well pieced the video was. The music, some of the flashy transition effects, the ending credits, and the beginning intro to the video were very worthy of what I'd call 'professional quality'. If not at least a pretty darn good fan-video.

Some highlights of the video was the beginning from about 00:00 to 00:25, where a bunch of map overheads flash by the screen in less than 5-10 seconds, and then it zooms in on one map at the end, while spinning the camera, and then shows two 'slow-motion' clips of a Predator and Legionairre -- with the camera spinning around quickly for effect again. Right afterwards a nice little clip of a behe swings down towards you and the sounds of glass breaking triggers while the screen cracks like glass should, but doesn't break. That was a really nice way to dive into the video, and it probably works great on gamers browsing youtube -- the beginning effects suck them in really great.

After the beginning, a whole lot of video clips of individual melee + ranged battles are shown, and while lots of the clips show some really awesome kills, I think it would be better to have a video that shows more clips of the teamplay aspect of Savage. It would be great to see a new video created that follows some of the neat tricks "(Savage XR movie) Feel the Rhythm" uses to look nice, but to put in more clips showing large-scale teamwork straight from Savage servers (Or even clan matches or NSL I suppose too, but I'd rather see public server footage).

For example, in the Part One of "(Savage XR movie) Feel the Rhythm", at 3:02-4:20, those video clips show a whole bunch of examples of one person planting demolition charges. These clips would have been so much better and more enticing to watch if there had been maybe 5-8 people planting demolition charges for each clip as well -- it would show the potential for really awesome teamwork to happen in Savage when everyone is working at the same task.

At 4:48 and onwards, there is a awesome example of huge teamwork by lots of players (like 6-9 people). The clip starts off with a commander placing a gate, and then almost a huge spawning of behes (all controlled by players on the Beast team) that go on a rampage in the Human's base to win the match. Those are the kind of video clips that I think should be put into Savage videos more often, maybe even compiling all these clips into one video to promote the huge teamwork aspects of Savage.

In Part Two of the video "(Savage XR movie) Feel the Rhythm", there are a huge set of video clips showing summoner kills, and while those are pretty cool, they again could have been replaced with better footage showing lots of summoners attacking together (like assaulting a base, or focusing fire on certain units). There were some clips that showed 2-3 summoners working together, but more would definitely be great to see in future Savage videos. Later on near the end of the video there are more clips of Predator combat, and Shamans. Again, they look pretty great visually (graphics were bumped up a lot for those clips it looks like), but for the sake of discussion, I would love to see future videos show more parts of combat where an entire team is going into combat against another team -- something that gives you the feeling that Savage is indeed really more of a team-based game instead of just about yourself. The first 30 seconds of "The Rage of the Beast" (here) shows a great camera perspective of both teams going into battle and giving the audience the feeling there is indeed a very massive battle happening, with lots of players from both teams charging into the fray. It's good video moments like that which we need to capture from Savage, and show to people on the internet to get them interested in Savage and to bring more people to the game.

Conclusion
Would be really awesome to see some of the great stuff this video used be made into a new Savage XR Movie, and to try and include more video footage of large numbers of players teamworking together to promote Savage as a team-based game with lots of potential moments where you can be rushing or defending with your team and feel you are really part of the bigger war happening across the lands of Newerth. Drk from Sun clan did a great job making this video, and it is pretty awesome to watch. Any video-makers here in the TH Community, take this as a challenge to see if you can think of new ways to make videos promoting Savage and the team-based aspects it has to offer. =)

(Savage XR movie) Feel the Rhythm part1