Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apologies for the last few weeks of quiet activity

+3
Epic Blood
Power Hermit
TNaismith
7 posters

Go down

Apologies for the last few weeks of quiet activity Empty Apologies for the last few weeks of quiet activity

Post by TNaismith Sun 01 May 2011, 1:13 pm

Someone passed away recently whom I had known during my childhood, they died in their sleep and because they lived alone nobody was around to help or check on their health until the next morning.

I needed to take some quiet time away from Savage and TH' every few days or so to help think about things. ^^;

The death has given me plenty of things to think about, but the world continues to turn and while I will continue to cherish the positive memories that I had with this person growing up, I also believe there are many important people and things in this world that are still worth living for. And being with you guys n' gals here in TH' are one of them. ^^

Over the last few months, perhaps even a year, ever since taking the 'clan leader' role here in TH', there are a wide variety of new ideas, visions, motivations, and things I would like to try with the TH' Community, and to share with all of you. As I have mentioned before; My personal interest and passion is in contributing or being a member of a community that focuses on playing video-games and developing an inclusive internet spirit of positive behavior, encouraging kindness, compassion, fun, trust, activity, and constantly new ideas to grow a positive video-game internet community that invites positive-minded people and friendly players across the span of video-games to join together and participate in a long-term, safe, and friendly, family video-game community. (Only if they are interested of course).

I believe all of you have done a tremendous job in helping TH' become the very positive experience and gaming community it is today, and my personal hope is that we can see how far we can go in growing as a positive gaming community that focuses not only on playing the game and being active... but being one of the few gaming communities to encourage active behavior in friendliness, inclusive fun, caring about each other, caring about other players, and interested in building a positive atmosphere of fun and safety to everyone they meet, talk, and play with in relation to video-games (and perhaps in life outside of video-games too!). I believe video-games can be a positive social experience without needing to focus on playing for kills, statistics, achievements, becoming uber-skilled or winning matches 100%, winning tournaments...etc.

I think video-games can be a great way to be... well just be positive spaces and places for people to meet others in different countries, share stories, share imaginations, creativity, fun, and playing games together while participating in a growing family-friendly community... and most importantly, not needing to bring the tension of caring about competitive winning, or being a competitive skilled player in video-games. I think video-games and the internet can be a great combination for long-term, friendly, active, creative, caring, and positive communities of video-gamers that can last for many, many years... I would dare to say even generations.

This is my own personal motivation and passion in relation to video-games, and if you are interested in similar goals such as me, I welcome the chance to meet or work/play with you anytime now, and in the future. =)

At this time, I will be resuming as much work as I can into improving the TH' community and to bring forward some new ideas and community choices that can affect our long-term future and defining who we are. In addition, I will be looking into forming a better system to managing the community and the clan together. Over the next few weeks and few months the plan is to get these new ideas and community goals/vision sorted out and decided.

Thanks for reading! ^^
~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Apologies for the last few weeks of quiet activity Empty Re: Apologies for the last few weeks of quiet activity

Post by Power Hermit Sun 01 May 2011, 9:22 pm

I'm sorry for your loss TN and hope you'll achieve your goals. <3
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

Apologies for the last few weeks of quiet activity Empty Re: Apologies for the last few weeks of quiet activity

Post by Epic Blood Sun 01 May 2011, 9:45 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss TNaismith. I hope you won't work to much with TH' before you get over this episode IRL.

I know, as the tremendous person you are, that you'll achieve your goals, and I hope I can contribute in the best way possible to make this the gaming-clan you want it to be.

Take care, TN. We care for you.
Wink
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Mon 02 May 2011, 3:04 am

It must be very hard for you TN to lose your childhood friends. I'm very sry for your loss. 2 days ago a colleague of mine died in a motor cycle accident. Firstly I could hardly believe it because I've just seen him 1 week before.
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Mon 02 May 2011, 6:20 am

My condolences, TN. I'm very sorry.

A very positive post too though: hurray for TH' and TN's efforts in making the world of gaming a better place (and the splendid results Smile )!
Good to have you back Wink
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Avatar Sun 22 May 2011, 1:42 am

Sorry to hear Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Sun 22 May 2011, 2:01 am

Offtopic: Welcome back Avatar =)
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down