Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Cancelled] Application "Just a Noob!!!"

+7
DieOrFail
Crashday
$asi N!nja (IL)
Tempi
Morgoth of Udun
Power Hermit
Just a Noob
11 posters

Go down

[Cancelled] Application "Just a Noob!!!" Empty [Cancelled] Application "Just a Noob!!!"

Post by Just a Noob Sun 14 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

Hi all,

here my application for your clan:

1. In-Game Savage Name. Please provide any other nicknames you go by.
My only nickname is Just a Noob!!!

2. Links to your Newerth.com Stats.
Answer: Im not allowed to post it here... (New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.). But you will find my stats without any problems Smile

3. Which servers do you play on most.
I mostly play on mpuk server, rather rarely on g&g

4. Please tell about any previous clans, and which years you were a member.
Answer: I dont play for a long time yet, ive never been in a clan

5. Teamspeak 2, Teamspeak 3 and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is strongly encouraged. Are you willing to use it?
Answer: I allready use TS2/3. Irc i havnt downloaded yet but i will if TS isnt enough.

6. Write a few sentences/paragraphs (or even more if you want!) about yourself. Discuss why you want to join the community and clan, as well as anything else about yourself that might seem interesting or helpful for us to know. If you want, you can also include information such as; what do you expect from TH, how do you feel about our community's vision and atmosphere, and what do you expect TH to give you.
Answer: I really like tactical play - not playing for kills, but for wins and not alone, but as a team. But this is often hard in the usuall groups with people i dont know. I hope that in a Clan this will be much better, ecspecially in clanwars. Also, im used to make fun and laugh while gaming so its quite strange to me to play Savage without people which i know.
7. The process for joining TH means you have to go through a vote to be accepted into JH (Junior Hunters, our Trial Clan). Then, depending on your attitude/personality, you will then go through a final vote into TH if you pass the first stage. JH votes and TH votes will last up to two weeks each. Do you accept this agreement?
Answer: ohm...is this a real question? Very Happy surely i do accept it

8. All rules, policies and guidelines must be followed by all TH Members at all time. Violation or failure to follow any of the rules in the clan can result in severe punishment or a ban. By signing your name below, you agree to follow our rules at all times and to accept the consequences if you don't. You also agree to uphold the clan values, vision, goals, and conduct at all times. Type your name below here to show you accept the agreement.
Name: Just a Noob!!! (or do you want the real name?)

~---------Optional Information-------------------------------~
Optional Information 1. If you are interested, you can decide to write another paragraph sharing; how you found the forums/website, how you heard about us, how long have you been playing Savage, how much time daily are you online in-game, and what makes you want to join.
Answer: I "found" the forum because Sasi Ninja asked me to apply for your clan.
I play since beginning of the year, but with a long break (about 3 months). I play human far better than beasts and I knw how to command (at least on mpuk server)

If you want to know anything else just ask Smile

Just a Noob

Back to top Go down

[Cancelled] Application "Just a Noob!!!" Empty Re: [Cancelled] Application "Just a Noob!!!"

Post by Power Hermit Sun 14 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

Hey, good to see you found your way to the TH forum Smile good luck!
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

[Cancelled] Application "Just a Noob!!!" Empty Re: [Cancelled] Application "Just a Noob!!!"

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sun 14 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Hello there, good luck with your apply!
Cya in game Wink
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempi Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:19 pm

Welcome to our forum! Smile

I think using TS will be enough. TS and IRC are NOT mandatory, but these things helps us to get to know you better and also we like to use TS for playing even just pub games and just for chatting Wink So if you can come online in TS and feel free talking, it's very good!

I wish you good luck with your application. Hope to see you soon ingame Wink
Tempi
Tempi

Back to top Go down

Post by $asi N!nja (IL) Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:28 pm

Hello mate!! good luck , happy you've applied Smile
edit : i think in 8 you should write your real name ^^

$asi N!nja (IL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempi Sun 14 Aug 2011, 7:32 pm

No, it doesn't have to be your real name. What you wrote is fine Wink
Tempi
Tempi

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:11 pm

welcome to the forums! i remember you from mpuk ^^
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:42 pm

Welcome and good luck!

Inb4 Rumo:
I have a few questions (like always Wink ), and it'd be nice if you could give me an answer^^
What are you favorite books/movies/games (except Savage ofc) and what kind of music do you enjoy? Very Happy

DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:05 am

Hey, nice to see you applied for TH' Very Happy
I hope I can meat you on TS2 and talk to you ingame and stuff - to get to know you Very Happy
This makes it easier to vote !Very Happy

GL !

Have you read this ? This is vital, this is what TH' is about Very Happy
https://thehunterz.forumotion.com/
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:28 am

Hey, Just a Noob!!
Welcome to the forums.

I think Teamspeak is enough, as I don't have IRC either. Smile

Good luck with your vote, and remember that the most active you are, the shortest your vote will be.

See you around (when I come back). Smile
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 15 Aug 2011, 4:10 am

Hello Just a Noob,

Many people have already beaten me to welcoming you to the forums, but the questions and comments people have mentioned here do reflect the kind of community atmosphere we encourage.

Your application looks like in good order and I think we can get your vote started shortly.

Before starting however, I want to let you know of a few things, things that other members have mentioned briefly, or perhaps have not done so yet:

1) We are a heavy english-speaking family. If english becomes a big problem between talking + understanding with other members here in the community, then it often creates communication problems. We don't expect perfection, but you must have good enough english that people can understand you most of the time, and you must be able to understand what other people say as well.

2) We are more than a clan. This one is very important. TH does play competitive matches and conducts regular trainings + practices to improve teamplay and in-game skill, but this is NOT our main focus. Our main focus is on building a gaming community + family that focuses on having fun in video-games through friendly behavior, respect, helping others, showing kindness, and, most importantly, growing a clan/community/family that doesn't allow feelings of caring about stats/skills/winning/matches/competition to dominate.

Bottomline: We strictly discourage behavior or community atmosphere that only focuses on caring about getting the best statistics, getting the most kills, only wanting to grow skills, only wanting to win matches, or only wanting to be part of a clan just to play matches and have a clan tag. If you want to be part of the community, you must be interested in being part of a family that goes far beyond just the normal expectations of a 'videogame clan'.

Please consider this carefully, and double-check that you still want to join us. We would be happy to let you try joining us, but it is a good idea to make sure you know what your getting into. Sasi Ninja has been a member of TH for quite a long time, but he has been away/inactive for many months as well. During this time, TH has grown a lot -- so things may be different from what and you and him expect/remember of us.

Nevertheless, please enjoy the forums and feel free to look around, and to also observe how other people talk and interact around the community. You will get a better idea of the kind of atmosphere we encourage and would like future members to have. ^^

If you can join Teamspeak 3 sometime this week, please meet me on the 'newerth.com' server. I often log on and idle there all day, but if you log on and send me a text message on Teamspeak 3, I will usually respond as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your time in writing an application, unless you change your mind about applying, your first trial vote will start soon and I'll post an update in your topic when the vote is opened.

Welcome to the forums and community.
~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

Hey "Just a noob!!!", good luck. You are welcome. =)

And DoF, no. Just no. Very Happy
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Just a Noob Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:58 am

I have a few questions (like always Wink ), and it'd be nice if you could give me an answer^^
What are you favorite books/movies/games (except Savage ofc) and what kind of music do you enjoy? Very Happy

Well, im from switzerland so im alfraid you wont know any of my favorite books. In general i like fantasy stuff.
I like asian movies (including animes, not including bollywood Very Happy), especially "old boy" and "Elfen Lied" and all the movies of Ghibli Studios.
For a rather long time i played WoW, now im more into old strategy games: Age of Empires2, Anoo 1602/1701, Empire Earth.
my favorite music is synphonic metal, my favorite band is Epica - and i was surprised to remark that Savage uses their music Very Happy (Epica - The Score - Inevitable Embrace)

If you can join Teamspeak 3 sometime this week, please meet me on the 'newerth.com' server. I often log on and idle there all day, but if you log on and send me a text message on Teamspeak 3, I will usually respond as quickly as possible.
Next 2 weeks i wont really be able to speak, so i wont jion TS as well. Anyway, can you give me the Ip and password for this server? Dont have it...

thx at all for your posts Smile

Just a Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 15 Aug 2011, 6:22 pm

Hello Just a Noob,

Don't worry about not speaking, it would still be great if you could just join and listen for a few minutes. I promise not to talk too much, it'll just be a short meet'n'greet kind of thing. As for the server ip, I mentioned it already in my post, did you read it all? The server is 'newerth.com', there are no numbers needed. There is also no server password required. Newerth's Teamspeak 3 server is public and non-passworded.

Oh! I love many of the Studio Ghibli movies too! Most of them are quite kid-friendly and family-safe, but lots of them had some interesting messages to convey as well, not to mention the action and wonderful landscapes they drew in the movies as backgrounds and such. Really beautiful stuff. ^^b

I've also played Age of Empires 2 before! It's quite an addicting game for awhile, the campaigns were quite historical and informative too. xD

Oh, and also, your trial vote has started and will end on Monday, August 29th 2011. I hope you might took a look at my earlier reply and thought about whether TH is still the place you want to be apart of. Here is the most important part of the earlier post you need to know:
TNaismith wrote:1) We are a heavy english-speaking family. If english becomes a big problem between talking + understanding with other members here in the community, then it often creates communication problems. We don't expect perfection, but you must have good enough english that people can understand you most of the time, and you must be able to understand what other people say as well.

2) We are more than a clan. This one is very important. TH does play competitive matches and conducts regular trainings + practices to improve teamplay and in-game skill, but this is NOT our main focus. Our main focus is on building a gaming community + family that focuses on having fun in video-games through friendly behavior, respect, helping others, showing kindness, and, most importantly, growing a clan/community/family that doesn't allow feelings of caring about stats/skills/winning/matches/competition to dominate.

Bottomline: We strictly discourage behavior or community atmosphere that only focuses on caring about getting the best statistics, getting the most kills, only wanting to grow skills, only wanting to win matches, or only wanting to be part of a clan just to play matches and have a clan tag. If you want to be part of the community, you must be interested in being part of a family that goes far beyond just the normal expectations of a 'videogame clan'.

Hope you can confirm whether you read that part or not, and whether you understand it fully or not as well. If you have questions, feel free to contact me through a forum private message. Good luck with your vote. ^^

~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Just a Noob Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:13 pm

Yes, I read your hole post - was just suprised that the TSserver has no numbers and no password.

If not speaking isnt a problem i will be there probably tomorrow - looking forward to hear you^^

I really like about the Ghibli Studios Movies that they are for childs as well as for adults. Best example is "Ponyo", which seems to be very childish but its all so cute and like a fairytale that i really liked it.

Only bad thing about AOE2 is the AI which really sucks...but you're right, its addicting anyway

Just a Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 16 Aug 2011, 6:52 am

Hehe, well I'm currently logged onto Teamspeak 3 now (at the time I'm writing this it should be the 'tomorrow' for you already ^^), so send me a text message on Teamspeak 3 anytime you log on, I should be right with you shortly.

The Studio Ghibli movies are quite fairytale like, I have to agree with you! I've never really thought of using that word to describe it before, but I realize it suits quite perfectly...the Ghibli movies are quite fairytale-like yet still have a different feeling than the fairytale-ish stuff from Disney movies. I do like lots of the Disney movies too though, don't get me wrong. The Studio Ghibli movies hold another special place in my heart though, they have their own unique way of telling stories and being great for kids and adults alike to enjoy!

xD The AI in AoE2 cheats I tell ye! The buggers always seem to build faster than me when I play skirmishes, and multi-tasks so well that by the time I only have 5 militia units in the feudal age, the AI already has like 20 swordsmen and 10 skirmishers harassing me already. xD I tried hard to learn to hotkey so that I could build things faster... but I'm just not cut out for it. ^^;

TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Just a Noob Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:19 am

Sorry for not answering for such a long time, i've been away nearly all the time the last days...

Well, anyway, i wont play savage very often in the future, and mainly for that reason i'd like to draw back my application. I just dont feel like joining a clan anymore, and ecspecially not a clan which is more then a clan Smile

thanks to you all for your time

oh, and about the AoE2 AI: the AI has just far more ressources at the beginning. you can somehow change it and then win against 7 on "hardest" Very Happy

Just a Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:59 am

It takes someone very thoughtful to actually post a polite application withdrawal as you have done. We respect your decision, and your application is cancelled. However, thank you for actually taking the time to come back and let us know why you were away as well, that is very considerate of you. ^^

It is a bit sad to hear you won't play Savage in the future anymore, might we ask why? Even if this clan isn't for you, there are many others out there that you might enjoy -- I promise you there is probably another clan in Savage that fits your interests -- you don't have to stop playing Savage!

However, I won't pressure you any more than that -- your decision is your decision. I hope you find what your looking for, and enjoy whatever you do onwards from here. You certainly seem sociable and polite to be around.

Take care!

PS. Damn that AoE2 AI! xD I knew they get extra resources at the beginning as well, seriously, AI in video-games need to be focused on becoming more intelligent to have fun playing against, not just giving unfair cheats/advantages that players don't have! xD
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:53 pm

Hey, too bad! Hope to see you around one day nonetheless Wink

On AoE-discussion: yeah, in the first AoE I once nofogged the map and watched the enemy, counting how much the got and how much they spent. And my conclusion was those little bastards indeed get way more resources! Sad
:p
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:08 pm

Ceah around Noob Very Happy
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:47 am

See you man. Smile
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down