Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EVENT] xr_coop_journey

+3
Epic Blood
Crashday
TNaismith
7 posters

Go down

[EVENT] xr_coop_journey Empty [EVENT] xr_coop_journey

Post by TNaismith Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:09 pm

Important Downloads:
Map Download: xr_coop_journey (Extract the zip file in your C:\Program Files\Savage XR Testing\game\world)
XR 1.0 Pre-Release Download: To play this map you WILL need XR 1.0 (Pre-Release Version: DOWNLOAD HERE)

Name: [C.I.]Funny Guys[C.I.] Girls Evolution Server [C.I.]
IP: 82.165.148.47:11335

It is possible that one last version of the map will be released in the next 8-10 hours before the event. Be prepared to download it. We will let you know in a new post if the map file is updated.

[EVENT] xr_coop_journey 98462990

Thanks to the brilliant work of folks from the Newerth Community, including famous mapper Faun, and elements of the XR Development Team such as Mohican, Daemon, and Clemens, and even stretching to folks like the infamous BEARD, or our very own Crashday, right here in the TH Community -- thanks to these people, a map that has been in development for over one month and more has now come to near-completion.

xr_coop_journey is a co-operative-based (Human vs AI only, Player vs Player is disabled) map for Savage where players will embark on a quest to save all of Newerth against an evil overlord. The overall purpose of this map is to give players a fun opportunity to work together in a co-operative-oriented setting, rather than competitive PvP, and with a dash of story-telling thrown into the mix.

Originally, this story-map was conceived as part of a FOX+TH clan and community event week that would take place during the holidays of December 2011. There was a list of events such as getting people together from both clans to have fun in Pick-Up games versus the public, play the famous 'Samurai Wars' mod on one of the servers, rile up some fun with the physics on some of the XR maps, and to have a great time hanging out and playing with both FOX, TH, and public players of the Savage: The Battle for Newerth Community.

This story-map eventually took a life of it's own, and with updated planning from EnglishSlug of FOX clan, we have arranged a date, and time, to finally play this map together with both TH and FOX members, and possibly other players from the Savage Community.

Details:
For now, this topic is to first give you a heads-up that we are planning to play this map on January 22nd 2012, Sunday, we will be starting from anywhere between 17-19 GMT. All TH Members are invited to join on that day to play the map for the first time ever, and to also have a fun-filled hour or two playing alongside FOX members and possibly other Savage players in this special co-op story map for Savage.

It would be great to see a lot of you attend this event, it is late notice and I apologize for that. ^^; We will be encouraging everyone to hop onto Newerth.com's Teamspeak 3 Server, but when it comes down to it, we're all just aiming to have some fun, and to play the first-ever public release of this special map made by folks of the Newerth Community whom worked hard to make this map happen. If you can make it to this event, then we look forward to seeing you!

A Special Thanks to FAUN for making this map, and also to Mohican, Daemon, Clemens (also known as Hakugei), BEARD, and Crashday for helping Faun along the way!

Important Downloads:
Map Download: xr_coop_journey (Extract the zip file in your C:\Program Files\Savage XR Testing\game\world)
XR 1.0 Pre-Release Download: To play this map you WILL need XR 1.0 (Pre-Release Version: DOWNLOAD HERE)

It is possible that one last version of the map will be released in the next 8-10 hours before the event. Be prepared to download it. We will let you know in a new post if the map file is updated.

Last edited by TNaismith on Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] xr_coop_journey Empty Re: [EVENT] xr_coop_journey

Post by Crashday Wed 11 Jan 2012, 2:39 am

I'm already looking forward to it! =)
Is it Saturday the 14th January or Sunday the 15th January?
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

Ah, x_X That's a good question, I'll have to confirm that with EnglishSlug again, for now on the safe side, assume it is Sunday.

Update (January 10th 2012): In order to play this map, it WILL be mandatory to be using XR 1.0 -- which at this time has not been released by the Dev Team yet. We might delay the date of this event until XR 1.0 is released -- but not yet. Prepare to book this Sunday off all the same, just in case.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:07 pm

Sweet, looking forward to it ! Smile
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempi Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:57 pm

TNaismith wrote: In order to play this map, it WILL be mandatory to be using XR 1.0 -- which at this time has not been released by the Dev Team yet.

There is a pre-release which also works pretty good. Have been using it since the beginning and haven't had much problems with it.
Tempi
Tempi

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:18 pm

That's right, I've asked Faun/Daemon/Mohican whether the pre-release will be good enough to use. It might not work because Faun made the map with lots of new props, buildings, scripts, triggers, and objects that weren't in the pre-release version of XR 1.0 -- if this is true, it means in order to play the map, we would need to have updated XR 1.0 versions, and the pre-release wouldn't be enough in that case.

Or, it is also possible that the pre-release has been auto-updating itself to the point where we can play the map with no worries.

TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sat 14 Jan 2012, 7:02 am

Update (January 13th 2012):

ALERT! ALERT!

The event is now happening one week later, on January 22nd 2012, Sunday. This is because the map has potential for a little more improvement that the map-maker wishes to try for, and also it allows for better server preparation for hosting the map. EnglishSlug from FOX clan has confirmed this change, and so this is the new date.

January 22nd 2012, Sunday is the new date for this event, everyone! Same time, 17-19 GMT. Book your evening off to attend, it'll be a fun opening release for this map!

Also, it has been 90% confirmed that the XR 1.0 Pre-Release WILL be good enough to play this map. So if you do plan to attend this event, make sure to DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL the XR 1.0 Pre-Release Download: http://savagexr.com/index.php/download

Cheers! ^^
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:23 am

Server information

You'll need the XR 1.0 Pre-Release => Download it here
Map: xr_coop_journey (extract the zip file in your C:\Program Files\Savage XR Testing\game\world directory) => This directory could be different on your PC.

Map-Version: 0.34
Overhead Version 3
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sun 22 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

Reminder!

The event is TODAY, in less than 12 HOURS from now! Updated information has been merged into the first post of this topic. Or you can read Crashday's post above this one as well.

FOX and EnglishSlug have been sent the final details of the event as well.
Come on out and attend the event, if you've got some time to spare! ^^

~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:28 am

The download link content got updated to the new map version (0.35)
Just download it again and put it in your /world directory
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:06 pm

Thank you to everyone who attended

The event is over and it turned out to be more of a testing session rather than a real complete release of map -- the NPCs ended up having lots of normal movement problems and some of the map scripts didn't work -- so sticking to the tradition of Savage players... we tried hard to find exploits to win the map. xD

Crashday, Epic Blood and myself were online to play. Faun, the map-maker of this story map, also was online the entire time with us. EnglishSlug from FOX clan also arrived early on.

There is no promise about playing this map again soon, but if Faun wants to improve the map more, or FOX clan do want to organize another event for this map sometime -- then you can consider that a possibility.

Thanks again to all that spent time on the server and also chatting on Teamspeak 3. Some...err... interesting teamplay moments, and it was fun. xD
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon1ight Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:30 am

How the hell did I miss this?! Sorry mates... would have loved to participate - especially since it's a map about Power Hermit:

TNaismith wrote: [...]against an evil overlord.

lol!

I'll be there if this is repeated, hopefully.

Moon1ight
Moon1ight

Back to top Go down

Post by Power Hermit Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:38 pm

Haha. I'm not spending much time on savage lately, or else I guess I would have loved to take part x-x
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Corn King Thu 26 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

Power Hermit wrote:Haha. I'm not spending much time on savage lately, or else I guess I would have loved to take part x-x

+1
Corn King
Corn King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down