Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xr_oneday by Faun

3 posters

Go down

xr_oneday by Faun Empty xr_oneday by Faun

Post by TNaismith Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:10 am

These screenshots were taken by Faun, showing one of his latest maps that he just made a public topic on Newerth.com about today. There were some really nice screenshots showing lots of the new props/buildings/textures/features that XR 1.0 offers -- and by the fates of gerkat-eating-chiprels, aren't those some lovely shots? You wouldn't think this was Savage, would you? o_0

Original topic: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,14234.0.html

Faun wrote:
My Submit to the XR New Map Contest

xr_oneday

xr_oneday by Faun Xr_oneday_overhead

Its an update to xr from my newest map oneday.

main changes

- the new built fortification around the flag, which provides "playground" for hide and seek games

- A kongor in the mid of the pit, but beware: This one is special Evil or Very Mad

- just one redstone mine in the open area anymore

A few other modifications have been made aswell.

xr_oneday by Faun Xrocastleview
The flag fortification. The two green crosses mark a small healing area, where units can regain health as long as they aren't under fire. Siege units can spawn from the flag and pass over the wall, but cannot get into the flag area again.(Except Summoner)

different battlezones

-The 'cauldron' to the southwest of the map. Open distances and surrounding cover, nevertheless giving a speed bonus for traversing players. A path with better cover for sneaking is on the outer side around it, still its far to travel and difficult to stay unseen all time.
In the middle of the cauldron you're awaited by a modified kongor - Since he won't find any rocks in the swamp which sound like cheap pots, he attacks you (finally!) with where he's best: melee! All you carnivorous beasts that laugh now, hear who laughs last...

-Base entrances, two in each case with a little cover sprinkled over for attackers aswell as for defenders.

-Central plateau mine, having a secured back - said before the grimms walls are destroyed.
If humans decide to take this mine, they should fanatically defend it against the inevitable sac attacks, and get shielded towers to keep it. If they get it, its a powerful attack base - beasts won't have much breathing space anymore after the grimms walls are down.

-The grimms wall corridors. These two longer corridors which are ended by stairs (You can go aside aswell), lead from one redstone mine to the other. If both teams manage to take and keep one mine, these corridors will be the frontlines.

-The village mine, a redstone mine flanked by two villages of the inhabitant newerthers, which went to a holiday and locked the doors when ophelia and jaraziah showed up.
The villages are both climbable, still you cannot go to far (like exploiting the grimmswalls from there) because of invisible "barrier" pieces on top of each. I'm eager to see your sensors and wards hidden there all over the place.

-The flag fortification. Its hard to get in - but once you are, they won't find you quick. A hide and seek game in Savage, with one word to defenders: better find him!
Even if this flag is meant to allow counterattacks on the upper mine, it won't be too easy to wipe out the upper position. Still its a constant threat, and if you as a commander choose to take the upper mine, you should make sure the team cares to keep the flag!

xr_oneday by Faun Xro3

xr_oneday by Faun Xro2

xr_oneday by Faun Xrotopviewx

Feel free to leave comments, I hope you enjoy the map

~ Faun

TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

xr_oneday by Faun Empty Re: xr_oneday by Faun

Post by Epic Blood Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

Sweet Very Happy
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Power Hermit Thu 12 Jan 2012, 2:36 am

I find the core of XR is still very visible, but I've always admired Faun's handywork for terraining. Since I myself am someone, who loves terraining, I can really say he's putting up some quality work right there.
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down