Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Valentines Day

2 posters

Go down

Happy Valentines Day Empty Happy Valentines Day

Post by TNaismith Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:12 am

Hello, I dare you to do something:

Watch the first video below WITHOUT looking at the actual video -- just play the video and do something else while the music plays in the background. Think about what Valentine's day in a way you hadn't thought of before -- instead of about giving chocolates or heartfelt cards to people you love (which are great things to do, don't get me wrong!) -- think about the emotional and sentimental connection people you care about have been to you, think about how you feel about them, what you really appreciate, what you love, what you care about them, and maybe, just how you can show how much you appreciate them through ways that don't involve money, or materialistic gifts (chocolates, teddy bears, generic store-cards, etc).

After you watch the first video without looking at the actual video screen, then proceed to watch the second video and enjoy the visual and audio that comes with it. (There is actual singing in the 2nd video).

First Video (Listen to FIRST, but don't watch the actual video! Open up another window and do something else while the song plays! xD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lessMOnZRU

Second Video (Watch fully! Watch and listen to the music, vocals, and subtitles/lyrics! But mostly just listen to the vocals/melody and theme of the song, not the lyrics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQEPPQa2Xo

The lyrics might not exactly be Valentine's/Romantic related as you may expect, but I think the mood/audio/sound of the song can be quite matching to the meaning of Valentine's Day, if your cool enough to know what I mean. Wink

I was playing Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) game the other day, and inside the game you can actually use instruments to create musical notes. Some people have posted entire songs from today's century and re-created them into the music of the Lord of the Rings game (Using instruments like Lutes, Bagpipes, Drums, Clarinets, Flutes, etc). So I came across this song (Kimi no Shira nai Monogatari - Bakemonogatari Ending) that someone had uploaded for the game, and it was pretty catchy. After googling the song title and finding the youtube videos for it (see the vocal version above, 2nd video) -- I've been listening to it for a few days now.

And then when I read some a recent topic about Valentine's Day posted by community member Tempi, I began to think a little more about Valentine's Day today. This song was one of the first things that came to mind, and so here I am. =)

Happy Valentine's, TH folks.
~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Happy Valentines Day Empty Re: Happy Valentines Day

Post by Epic Blood Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:51 pm

I love this ! Very Happy
Made me sad that I didn't have a Valentine this year.

Well I had a BLAST anyway.

[img]Happy Valentines Day Images10[/img]
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down