Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mountain on Vimeo

4 posters

Go down

The Mountain on Vimeo Empty The Mountain on Vimeo

Post by TNaismith Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:32 am

Sometime today I was listening to a music track that I first heard many months ago from the video below. DieOrFail gave me a link to this video last year and now today I decided to search it up again to hear the music and remember the amazing images/film footage that it shows.

As you can read in the text description down below, this is real recordings from a camera... this is not CGI animation effects, it is not photoshopped, this was taken from a real location in the world, and the camera-person actually setup the video so that it records for hours at a time, allowing for some amazing time lapse scenes that you'll watch below.

Thought you guys might like to share the experience, and thank you DieOrFail for linking this so many months ago to me, it's a very special and inspiring piece of video.

http://vimeo.com/22439234 wrote:Follow on:
facebook.com/TSOphotography for more photos, videos and updates.

This was filmed between 4th and 11th April 2011. I had the pleasure of visiting El Teide.
Spain´s highest mountain @(3718m) is one of the best places in the world to photograph the stars and is also the location of Teide Observatories, considered to be one of the world´s best observatories.

The goal was to capture the beautiful Milky Way galaxy along with one of the most amazing mountains I know El Teide. I have to say this was one of the most exhausting trips I have done. There was a lot of hiking at high altitudes and probably less than 10 hours of sleep in total for the whole week. Having been here 10-11 times before I had a long list of must-see locations I wanted to capture for this movie, but I am still not 100% used to carrying around so much gear required for time-lapse movies.

A large sandstorm hit the Sahara Desert on the 9th April (bit.ly/g3tsDW) and at approx 3am in the night the sandstorm hit me, making it nearly impossible to see the sky with my own eyes.

Interestingly enough my camera was set for a 5 hour sequence of the milky way during this time and I was sure my whole scene was ruined. To my surprise, my camera had managed to capture the sandstorm which was backlit by Grand Canary Island making it look like golden clouds. The Milky Way was shining through the clouds, making the stars sparkle in an interesting way. So if you ever wondered how the Milky Way would look through a Sahara sandstorm, look at 00:32.

Available in Digital Cinema 4k.

Follow Facebook: facebook.com/TSOPhotography
Follow Twitter:
twitter.com/TSOPhotography
Follow Google+:
plus.google.com/107543460658107759808

Press/licensing/projects contact: tsophotography@gmail.com

Music by my friend: Ludovico Einaudi - "Nuvole bianche" with permission.
Please support the artist here:
itunes.apple.com/us/album/una-mattina/id217799399

Thank you to my sponsors:
canon.com
g-technology.eu
dynamicperception.com/

@ Morgoth of Udun
Next tramping trip; El Teide, Spain's highest mountain? Razz
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Mountain on Vimeo Empty Re: The Mountain on Vimeo

Post by DieOrFail Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:22 pm

Ah, I've seen all of this guy's videos and photos! Amazing stuff Smile
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:48 am

Wow, awesome! Smile

Next trip? Well, I just heard there's an observatory on top of there, so rather not :p But Spain is a beautiful country I yet have to explore...

Next trip is Iceland for 2 months, learning Icelandic at the moment Smile
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:32 pm

Awesomeness level : over 098480948094840984908

Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content