Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Update!

Go down

Server Update! Empty Server Update!

Post by Crashday Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:06 am

Hey Hunterz and Minecraft fellows!

Minecraft 1.2.3 came out and it has a lot new features:

New jungle biome
Added ocelots
Added cats
Added iron golems
New AI for mobs
Tame wolves can have puppies
Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
New items and blocks
Added rare drops for mobs
Added 3 new blocks textures, that aren't yet used in the game(1 is accessable in creative, it looks like stone brick)
You can place Slabs and Stairs upside-down by placing them on the ceiling
Many other minor tweaks and fixes
Placing blocks on Wild Grass will replace them
Cave Noise works in Multiplayer

F3 has some changes and additions:
b: Shows what biome you are in
lc:
bl: Block brightness
sl: Sky brightness
rl: Raw brightness
It doesn't show the seed in SMP (due to popular demand) anymore

Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping noise.

Bug Fixes :
Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone

So what does this mean for our server? You might have already wondered why the blockhunterz server is currently down. Well it's because it's going to be updated. In 1.2.3 a lot got changed. Perhaps you already heard about it but I'll tell you anyway. The Bukkit-Team (the programmers of the mod-able minecraft server) officially joined Mojang and they're trying to make the game even better as it is right now. Old buggy bukkit code got replaced with new, fresh, better understandable and nearly bug-less code which means that alot of plugins need to be reprogrammed. Even my very own plugins don't work on 1.2.3 anymore Sad I try to get the 1.2.3 server with all the plugins needed working as fast as I can. 

Unfortunately I have to say that we also need to start a new world. The current map size got over 250MB. Including the three backups aswell as the dynmap our minecraft server nearly reaches the size of 2GB.  That's why the minecraft server spammed errors and exceptions and caused lags not only on the minecraft server but also on the FG Funpark Server. Remember, Quota is the owner of this server and we can be very thankful that he allows us to use it as a minecraft server aswell. So we should be fair enough to not overdo it and cause trouble.

Iorgreths and I came up with a server system that allows us to use the server ressources efficiently and keep the lag as low as possible. Also this system keeps in mind all the players interests and wishes.

There will be 3 limited worlds:

The smallest one is just for the town. This world is not for mining ressources. It will be 256 blocks in radius. No mobs spawning here. No PvP. Only trusted members will be allowed to build a house here.

The next world is the survival world. This one is for mining ressources. You are also allowed to build your houses here, but keep in mind that this world is going to be resetted as soon as there is a lack of ressources. Mobs are spawning. PvP is on (for realism). This world will be 512/1024 blocks in radius.

The third and last world will be the creative world. This one is for players which don't want to farm ressources but just build right away. This one will also be about 512/1024 blocks in radius. No mobs spawning. No PvP. This one gets resetted as soon as its overfilled.

The skylimit is going to be set on 128  blocks for the town and survival world. The creative world will have a 256 blocks skylimit.

The amount of plugins will be reduced dramatically. The more plugins a server has the slower it gets. 

Plugins which are going to be installed definetly:

Towny (dunno if we really need this)
Dynmap
CraftIRC
...I might need to add some more...

Operators/Moderators will have much less permissions to use commands. There will be no more item giving at all! That's why we have a creative world. Furthermore everything is going to be built by hand. There will be no terraforming plugin support. Teleporting by commands will be limited to a minimum.

To get to the different worlds you need to come to  the main city. There will be some portals (survival, creative, nether, end?)

I hope you are not too angry with me but these are the necessary steps for a better gaming experience!
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Server Update! Empty Re: Server Update!

Post by Crashday Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:18 am

Because some of our Minecraft players didn't seem to like my idea, i decided to put back online the current map. The server is still 1.2.3. and the map size is now over 600mb not 200 as i thought it would be. The 1.2.3. server converted it to the new map format introduced in 1.2.3. but he kept the old one aswell. I try to find it and delete it if possible... Atm I use very few plugins and reduced the playerlimit to 10. You all should be able to build again. But keep in mind that we have to think about a solution for the server problem i mentioned in my previous post.
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down