Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planetside 2

5 posters

Go down

Planetside 2 Empty Planetside 2

Post by Crashday Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:57 pm

Hey guys! Have you already heard of the free to play first person shooter called Planetside 2? It's an amazing game by Sony Entertainment. I now play it for like 2 weeks and I have to say I totally love this game. In Planetside 2 there are 3 different empires:

- Terran Republic
- New Congolmerate
- Vanu Sovereignty

When you begin to play you have to create a new character and pick one of these empires you want to play with. Each of them have their advantages and disadvantages. Each of these empires has 6 different classes you can play:

- Light Assault
- Heavy Assault
- Combat Medic
- Engineer
- Infiltrator
- MAX

Each of those have advantages and disadvantages depending on the battle situation. For example: If there is heavy fire it is recommended to pick a Heavy Assault or MAX unit because they resist more damage. Light Assaults and Infiltrators though can sneak in an enemy base and surprise the enemy. At the beginning you should try out all classes but then try to stick with one and buy upgrades for this specific class.

In Planetside 2 you can buy upgrades for nearly everything. For example:

- Upgrades for weapons
- Upgrades for vehicles
- Upgrades for aircraft
- Upgrades for special abilities

And you can even buy new weapons. Therefore you need so-called certification points. These points are earned by gaining experience. You get experience by killing enemies, healing friends, repairing stuff, capturing flags or areas.

It's definetly worth trying out this game. Have fun!

Cinematic Trailer:

Gameplay:
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Planetside 2 Empty Re: Planetside 2

Post by TNaismith Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:28 am

I've been keeping an eye on Planetside 2 for a long time, have watched several videos in the last 2 months, and it's still on my watchlist. It's too much for my PC to jump into, but the free-to-play and the fact it's a massive FPS world to fight in is big plus for me. PvP competition still isn't my thing, but from the videos I've seen -- Planetside 2 is so big that definitely feels more like a war rather than some small deathmatch pvp map like Combat Arms, Call of Duty and other FPS shooters are.

Keeping an eye out for this game, I'm willing to try it... once the ol' PC gets upgraded someday hehe.

Those videos you included Crashday were quite helpful, trailer I seen already but the First Look was a nice watch.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Dordonnar Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:24 pm

hey crash you also play it? on which server and what´s your nick there?

my nick is Dordonnar and i play currently on cobalt
Lucian Dordonnar
Lucian Dordonnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Sat 12 Jan 2013, 1:23 am

I play on Ceres. NC and Vanu. My nc nick is Crashday and my Vanu nick is Berny92. But I would be ready to start a new character on an other server. Playing NC is the most challenging. Vanu is op. Maybe we should both start playing on a new server and even open up a hunterz clan section for planetside 2. I'd really like to see some hunterz teamwork action in planetside 2.
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Exp. Sun 13 Jan 2013, 4:50 am

Hey I just downloaded it. If you're planning on starting on a new server tell me and I will join you there! cheers
Dino Exp.
Dino Exp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Sun 13 Jan 2013, 5:33 am

I'd like to right now, but I'm lying in a military hospital -,- A string at my ankle ripped apart. It was a volleyball accident Sad
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sun 13 Jan 2013, 6:43 am

Owch hope you recover soon mate, hope the volleyball game was good fun though. =)

Edit: Hehe @ Dino, I'm caught! Heal up well though Crash, since when did so many TH' get good running PCs these days? Embarassed

Last edited by TNaismith on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Exp. Sun 13 Jan 2013, 8:49 am

hope the volleyball game was good fun though. =)
Troll Razz

Ok I'll just start on a server then and when you are better again I'll start over np. Wink

Need to learn how it works anyway... Suspect

Get well soon!
Dino Exp.
Dino Exp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Sun 13 Jan 2013, 9:59 am

@TN: Yes the volleyball match was good indeed ^^
@Dino: Looking forward to playing with you Smile
Use Vanu for the beginning, it's the most easiest class to start with.
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Exp. Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:45 pm

OMG this game, I'm instantly addicted. Played all night last night and almost couldn't stop! affraid

I started a NC Infiltrator and I must say it's so epic. The game is absolutely huge and it realy does feel like a genuine war: tanks driving by, airships buzzing over, and gunfire everywhere.

Thank you so much for this suggestion here, I'm gonna play this more then Savage! Razz
since when did so many TH' get good running PCs these days?
I recently bought a new gaming laptop and now I know why. Very Happy
Dino Exp.
Dino Exp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Wed 16 Jan 2013, 1:40 am

Dino Exp. wrote:OMG this game, I'm instantly addicted. Played all night last night and almost couldn't stop! affraid

I started a NC Infiltrator and I must say it's so epic. The game is absolutely huge and it realy does feel like a genuine war: tanks driving by, airships buzzing over, and gunfire everywhere.

Thank you so much for this suggestion here, I'm gonna play this more then Savage! Razz
since when did so many TH' get good running PCs these days?
I recently bought a new gaming laptop and now I know why. Very Happy

What laptop? Very Happy XPS? Very Happy
Well, you guys sure talked me into even thinking about downloading this game Very Happy But I'm afraid the internet wont be here as long for me to begin to enjoy it ))
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Exp. Wed 16 Jan 2013, 2:11 am

What laptop? XPS?
Nope, Q-force. Well its not really a laptop from a gaming series like Dell Alienware or something but it does have enough resources to run the latest games in high quality. Anything with "gaming" in it's name is overpriced anyway. Razz

Here's a pic Cool

(I can't see this pic at work (filter), so I don't know if it displays alright.)
Planetside 2 7700

Well, you guys sure talked me into even thinking about downloading this game But I'm afraid the internet wont be here as long for me to begin to enjoy it ))
I can imagine you need a pretty powerfull computer for planetside, it needs to render alot! Razz

So what are you waiting for Jaan? U only live once! Very Happy (saying that makes spending too much money on a computer a little easier... Surprised )
Dino Exp.
Dino Exp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Wed 16 Jan 2013, 2:38 am

Dino Exp. wrote:OMG this game, I'm instantly addicted. Played all night last night and almost couldn't stop!

Infiltrator is a good class to start with. You get to know how the game works from a safe distance. You're right the game really is quite addictive. Everytime you play this game you will experience something different. But what I like the most about this game is the teamplay action. Players using different classes working together to defend/capture bases is just amazing. Cool combinations are for example:
MAX+Engineer: MAX deals the damage while the engineer repairs the MAX.
Medic+Medic: They can heal each other. If one dies the other one can revieve him.
Infiltrator+Infiltrator: This combination is deadly for the enemy. Both snipers have to focus on the same target for more effectiveness.
There are much more combinations. You'll find out soon enough. You maybe should try out using vehicles and aircrafts aswell. Theoretically you could play with vehicles and aircrafts only in this game. Munition or infantery transportation is quite an important job.

Looking forward to playing with you guys. I'm still in military hospital but they said that perhaps I can go home for the weekend when my foot gets better. Today my plaster got removed and I got a splint instead. I still need crutches though -,-
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:25 am

Created a NC character named BitCrusher92 on Cobalt. Skype me when you're playing next time! My skype name: alpine_hack
Crashday
Crashday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down