Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path of Exile

2 posters

Go down

Path of Exile Empty Path of Exile

Post by Crashday Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:40 am

And I found yet another new game some of you might find very interesting. It's called Path of Exile, it's free to play and it's currently in open beta phase. It's an action rpg and it's similar to Diablo 2. I never played any of the Diablo games but I still have to say I really like this game so far. What I really like the most about this game is it's huge complexity. You nearly have infinite possibilities to make your character unique. You can choose between several different classes like marauder, duelist, ranger, templar or witch. Picking one of those doesn't require you to play them as their purpose might make you think you would have to. You can for example make a melee ranger which doesn't even use a bow at all and things like that. Picking a class only determines where you start to spend points on your passive skill tree. Everytime you level-up in Path of Exile you get one point you can spend on your passive skill tree. You can also get some extra points from several quests. You can gain skills by so called gems. These can be obtained by quests. Those skills also can be combined with other skills which results in unique skills with different abilities. And those skills also level-up by gaining experience. As you can see Path of Exile is a very complex game and the casual gamer might have some problems in the beginning understanding what really matters in this game. Is it dealing a lot of damage, is it withstanding a lot of damage, or is it a bit of both? I on my own, came to the conclusion that you have to be an "allrounder". What I mean with that is that you need to deal some damage, but you also have to be able to take some. Also you have to keep in mind that you need mana to use your skills and without your skills you're lost anyways. So what you need to know is that you should first make a draft of how you want your character to be like. Don't wander around the passive skill tree without having any plan what to do. I recommend you to start on default difficulty. I already have a hard time surviving on default. I can't imagine how players can survive in mercyless, hardcore, or cruel difficilty! Anyways, there is a video below which shows you what Path of Exile is all about. If you like complex, hard games this is definetly a game you should try out. Up to now I didn't have an opportunity to play in a party. But I definetly think, it's much more fun if you go on your quest with a group of brave adventurers than wandering around alone. I hope I will soon have an opportunity to group up with some of you guys and defeat some crazy bosses!

Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Path of Exile Empty Re: Path of Exile

Post by Crashday Sat 27 Apr 2013, 1:15 am

bump - Anybody tried it out yet? I played already several hours and I have to say there is more to this game than I thought. All the dungeons are randomly generated. Even all the magic and rare items you find have their values set randomly. You barely see things like that in an action rpg game. Furthermore I tried out the party system quite recently. I grouped up with some guys. They all had different classes and abilities. The dungeons we played were much more easier and I had a lot more fun when playing with those guys. If any of you is thinking about trying out Path of Exile as well, just tell me and I'll help you getting started. Remember, Path of Exile is a free to play action rolepoay game. It's similar to Diablo 2 but has some totally unique features you'll never find in any other game. Would be interesting to add Path of Exile as one of TH's gaming community games. Since it's free to play, everybody can try it out and share their opinions Smile
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Power Hermit Sat 27 Apr 2013, 2:22 am

I'd want to try it out, but I am too occupied with uni & the other games I have..but from what I heard from a friend, it's very vast, fun and interesting, so it's worth a try. He knows his stuff.
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down