Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TH playing Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction

+4
Adam Shootyperson
msn
Hunt3r
TNaismith
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TH playing Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction - Page 2 Empty Re: TH playing Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction

Post by DieOrFail Mon 21 Jun 2010, 8:50 am

Yes, you're right!

(Do you guys know Civilization 4? Would be really cool...
But I don't think it's good to play, cause one match > 20 hours xD)
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

TH playing Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction - Page 2 Empty Re: TH playing Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction

Post by TNaismith Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:46 am

Warning, long post ahead! Read at your own warning. =)

Yes Andem, this is what I was trying to talk to you in-game about today. xD Sorry for interrupting you while you were fighting off that predator! I saw you fighting only after I finished talking to you, should have realized you were in the middle of a melee battle. xD

But I am glad you remembered! Indeed, I was very happy to play Diablo 2 with all of you back then, it was really fun. =) As I will tell anyone, I absolutely HATE games where players only fight each other (Savage included), and I personally only prefer playing games where ALL humans are on ONE team playing against computers/Artificial Intelligence/bots. I don't care if people say that is boring or not fun, because yes, computer intelligence isn't smart enough to make good opponents for computer games yet, but the problem with games where players fight each other is that some of the worst behavior like flaming, trash-talking, personal insults, disrespect, etc, happen.

Look at any of the Halo multiplayer games, this is where the 'teabagging' insult came from. Now that kind of behavior happens in all first-person shooter games, Battlefield 2 series, Call of Duty, Starwars Battlefront, etc... And also, whenever you have games that let players fight each other, you get the kind of 'attitudes' where people only care about getting personal stats, caring about who gets the top kills, or having arguments about 'who is the best player' or 'who pwned who's mother'.

I HATE that kind of behavior, negative attitude, and game spirit. It is the equivalent of being evil and racist in my view, and it is the reason I prefer to never play games where human players are encourage to fight each other. >(

Savage is one of the few exceptions because I got hooked into staying with Savage because although I have come to learn many of the Savage Community (Mostly the players from America/US Leet and etc) are really rude, disrespectful, selfish, and ego-ish, prideful people, I also came to understand there are a lot of nice Savage players out there too. I decided to stay in Savage (and in TH for that matter) only because of the chance that I can continue meeting these nice and friendly people. I do NOT play Savage because I truly enjoy the game. I play Savage because I enjoy matches where there are friendly people and a fun/safe atmosphere to play in.

I would be more than willing to leave Savage and the community in a blink of an eye if it was just the gameplay we are talking about. Savage is a PvP (player vs player game). I hate PvP games. But TH caught me and is pretty much the only reason I'm still here, because of the many great, friendly people I have met here. I would be more than happy to leave otherwise.

Now the point of that is to make clear that I personally will not play any games where we have to fight each other. If any of you guys want to play Starcraft matches against each other or Civilization, or Wolf Team (which is a free game you can play), or any other game where the gameplay is human vs human, then I will not be participating in it. I only played Diablo 2 because we had the option to all play on the same team to fight evil monsters and to progress through the storyline together -- instead of fighting each other. I love games like that where we can all team up to play through a story/missions together instead of against each other.

Now of course, I openly encourage you guys to setup new games to play with each other if you wish. I think Starcraft 1 is a very old game that many people can get a hold of, and it has tons of strategy + tactics to it. I know Tomilion has a strong interest in that, so if any of you want to play it with him, I think you will find some very intense matches. =) Starcraft 1 is an real-time strategy game where you build bases, control units and try to kill the enemy bases to win the game. You can fight human opponents and show how surprising and unpredictable you can be.

Civilization 4 is also a strategy game, but it's not just about making bases, it's about making cities, controlling entire countries, nations, and managing resources across enter continents and managing diplomacy with other countries, etc. Instead of focusing on managing bases like in Starcraft 1, you instead have to manage multiple cities, settlements, and the overall happiness of your people, citizens, military, etc. You have to research technology that leads you not only to better technology for military, but better technology for the entire country, like from horse wagons to cars, to trains, to space travel. It is indeed a very strategic game to play. Like Die mentioned though, it takes a LONG time to play multiplayer, since it is a much more longer match than something like in Starcraft 1. You also need a very good computer too I believe. High graphics card, good computer memory, etc.

And as for Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction, I would be more than happy to play it again with anyone who wants to. =) I think we got up to Act 3, or maybe Act 4. Most of our characters were level 17-20 I think, and we played through Hamachi. (Basically lets everyone join a single game as if all our computers were connected by wires to each other).

Now, I have heard there is a new free program on the internet that is built to make playing games on LAN more easier -- even better than Hamachi. It is called 'Tunngle', and it works similar to Hamachi, but it has been more updated by coders, and has been specifically suited for gamers all over the world who want to play games together.

Here is the website: http://www.tunngle.net/en/

It may be an interesting thing to try if any of you guys want to play games other than Savage together. I haven't tried it myself, but I am thinking about it for the future. ^^

Errr....I think that's all I have to say for now. I would be more than happy to get some Diablo 2 going again, just let me know which Hamachi server we are going to join to play, and who wants to play. (And of course the date/time).

xD
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AnDeM Mon 21 Jun 2010, 6:38 pm

Wow...wow...wow)))
I guess most of members who are at least a little active on forums got used to read your loooong messages =)
I've just checked my character and he is 21 level, and it is the biginning of the 3rd act)
And i agree with Tomilion about that such games are getting boring too fast when you are playing it very often...but i guess that we can't play so frequently!))) The same reason that's why we meet together(i mean most of the clan-members) only on Sunday. So 2 or 3 hours a week or two would be great opportunity to increase our team work or at least communication level))) Simply suggest a time and day and we'll consider and decide something i think)

And another idea that i wanna suggest... Do you remember a GREAT multiplayer game Serious Sam!!!! Thats an amazing game what I was playing in with my freinds ... long time ago)) This is a ancient game...I don't know why i remembered it...=)
AnDeM
AnDeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomilion Mon 21 Jun 2010, 7:16 pm

TN, do you hate playing PVP even with friends? I mean, not playing with friends against people you don't know, but playing against the friends only.
StarCraft 1 is free too, cause I play in ICCup, and thats a free server to play instead of Battle.net, many pros also say it's even better than Battle.net so I play there ^^
Hmmmm and we can play UT too, It can be a PVP but it can also be a co-op, you just need to put urself and your friend in one team, and spam bots on the other ^^
Tomilion
Tomilion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 21 Jun 2010, 8:06 pm

I have heard of Series Sam too AnDem, although it has gore/monsters like in Left4Dead, I am comfortable with the Series Sam graphics, I have seen quite a few gameplay videos. People have also told me many times that Serious Sam was one of the most popular and ancient games that allowed people to play Co-Op together through missions in super hilarious 'guns-blazing' kind of fun. I've seen some gameplay videos of that and I really am considering getting it sometime soon. =) Apparently the latest versions of Serious Sam released by the company have kept and made Co-Op playing even more fun for friends.

I do hate playing PvP with friends too Tomilion. Sad I don't hate it as much as playing PvP in general, but the mere fact I'm fighting/competing AGAINST another human makes me strongly disgusted and uncomfortable. I have tried playing Starcraft1 against my own step-brother several times because he begged me a lot, and I ended up really hating it still. I just don't like facing other human players -- I would rather work together on their team against bots/computer opponents through missions/storylines.

And yes, you mentioned UT to me before, and the possibility of playing co-op by spamming bots on one day, loading a random map, then just playing with your buddies. I do like that kind of Co-op, but it isn't my favorite. There is no story, there are no individual missions, objectives, etc. It would be the same as loading a Savage map, placing tons of XR bots on one team, then putting all humans on the other. While that is 'coop', it is one of the weakest forms of coop in my opinion. There is no meaning except to play the game as if it were a normal PvP match.

The kind of coop games I like would be Left4Dead (Although I hate zombies as much as I hate PvP), Gears of War 3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ0hucIuw6o Another one with very gory monsters/zombie kind of enemies, but I would allow myself to play it), Lego Starwars, Lego Indiana Jones, Borderlands, Dynasty Warriors Strike Force, Command and Conquer 4, Splinter Cell Conviction, Lost Planet 2, Crackdown 2, Brink, Halo series, etc.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMeJNuLjMms

Those are where my main types of gaming interests are. I hate anything else that is PvP and makes game mechanics encourage/force Player vs player action.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomilion Tue 22 Jun 2010, 4:46 am

I understand.
And UT have many kinds of matches:
DeathMatch - You will probably dislike it cause it's against bots AND humans.
Team DeathMatch - Can be cool, we can fight together against bots only.
Capture the Flag - Same as Team DeathMatch
Mutant - Like a DeathMatch but there is one mutant player, he is extremely strong and ALL the others try to kill him together, when the Mutant is killed, the one who killed him is now the Mutant
Invasion - Everyone (Bots and players) fight together against wave of aliens
Assault - Kinda boring against bots cause they arent that strong and its kinda easy (Can still change the difficulty of the bots and I havent tried it on this kind of a match), there is a defending team and an atacking team. However, there are many maps and each map is different, there are maps that the atacking team has tanks to break the first gates, and the defending team has turrets against them. There are maps when the atacking team starts with spaceships to atack a mothership of the defending team, and so on.
Onslaught - My favourite kind of matches, each team has a core, and need to defend it while atacking the enemy core, each core has shields, and to disable them each team has to capture power nodes in the way of the core, there are also tanks, cars, some air vehicles too, its realy fun with ALOT of action.

I think there are more but these are the kinds that I have in my mind atm xD
Tomilion
Tomilion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2