Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short stories

3 posters

Go down

Short stories Empty Short stories

Post by Rumo Fri 09 Apr 2010, 6:06 am

hey guys, wrote some short storys some months ago and now I´m trying to translate them into english... I will often miss the meanings and some details I want to express, but unfortunately english is not my mother language Very Happy Excuse me...

The boat on the sea

The boat took his way very slowly on the black water, which gave unwillingly way to the prow like dark tar pitch. It was very cold. Not a miracle at this season, however the weather conditions were even harder as habitual. The figure, which was rowing, wore a thick and grey coat and a woollen hat, which was such corpulent, that it seems to block his sight. Anyhow he did not remove his hat, he would have frozen too much.
At the front part of the boat there stood another person, smaller than the rowing one, but at least as warm dressed as the other. She was just standing at the front, holding a torch in her right hand, which should provide some light, but it couldn´t penetrate the dense fog, that seemed to lurking around the boat like something compact and alive. Lurking, as it just couldn´t resist to crush the object with the two figures inside and to border them.
They didn´t talk with each other, therefore they were too absorbed in thought. They perceived the presence, but just left with that. They could have a conversation, which whould have brought some suspense in their lonesome togetherness, but everyone was afraid to determine this phase, the journey into the world of thoughts.
The torch became more and more tiny, till there was only a little charred stub left.
Moaningthe boat arrived at the bank and everyone went his own way.
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Short stories Empty Re: Short stories

Post by TNaismith Fri 09 Apr 2010, 6:58 am

I read the story and skimmed over the sentences/words that didn't fit together. I think I got the general feeling of your short story -- very short piece about a boat on the sea in a foggy atmosphere and slightly eerie setting, and then a gentle closing to the story as the boat fades away, with it's passengers.

xD I'm sure maybe I got a few parts wrong, but I did get a very strong emotion from reading it. =) Even though quite a few grammar mistakes and english meanings were mixed up, I could also see you use a lot of deep meanings and diverse vocabulary to describe things in detail. I found that really nice. ^.^
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Fri 09 Apr 2010, 7:30 am

Thank you, actually there is no "right" interpretation, the story should evoke emotions to the reader and it´s great that it worked on you Razz

Even though I put feelings of me into the stories and tried to symbolize them and short stories are a good way to do so!
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sun 11 Apr 2010, 10:57 pm

I can't write stories. I mean, I can't translate them into English.

For example, If I was to translate from Portuguese to Spanish it would be easy, because they're both Latin languages.

But translate from Portuguese to English would be very hard. English is a Germanic language and Portuguese is La)in. It's hard to explain, I just can't write it. Sorry Rumo :S

I found the story so cool Very Happy For a person that is not from an English country, that was very nice in my opinion Smile
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Mon 12 Apr 2010, 7:38 am

That means that you´re writing too? If not, try it Razz
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Mon 12 Apr 2010, 7:46 am

I'm not Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Mon 12 Apr 2010, 8:43 am

Argh^^
It´s great, it can transfer you into a lovely melancholy and a meditative phase and you have a feeling that you did something great at this day ;-)
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Tue 13 Apr 2010, 2:51 am

I'd rather listening to Bob Marley if I want to feel great Smile
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Tue 13 Apr 2010, 4:33 am

Yeah music is great too Razz
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 14 Apr 2010, 3:34 am

Bob Marley "transfers" his emotions/feelings and all that stuff trough his voice to me pretty well Very Happy

Better to read a book, imo Smile
Even though I liked your story (:
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Wed 14 Apr 2010, 3:46 am

I don´t like Raggae at all, but Bob Marley is the only awesome one I can hear to Razz
And thanks =)
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 14 Apr 2010, 11:03 pm

Lol, I don't have drums, but I have small kitchen stuff to play with. I listen to Bob Marley songs and play with them Very Happy

Reggae is ownage Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down