Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 June Update!

+2
DieOrFail
TNaismith
6 posters

Go down

2010 June Update! Empty 2010 June Update!

Post by TNaismith Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:38 pm

2010 June Update!

*Huffs*....*Huffs*...

Just finished creating several new forums and topics for the 2010 PUG Cup, in particular TH's PUG Cup Team. Have you heard about it yet? Have you signed up yet? You haven't! Well visit this link quickly and get yourself signed up, it may not be too late! =)

But whew! Man, it's been so long since I've written an update for the beginning of a month. But this month is a special month! This is the very same month that will mark one full year since TH was revived under Th3_Hunt3r's leadership!

And how far TH has journeyed since then!

We have a member base of at least over 20+ active players, either on the forums, in-game, or both. We currently (though we still need donations to be sent to MarchRisker each month!) have our own Clan Server, called the 'TH European Server', we have a wonderful set of support staff helping to improve the community and expand new ideas that encourage and follow our clan's mission statement, which is:

https://thehunterz.forumotion.com/clan-rules-and-information-f4/mission-statement-t321.htm
Mission Statement

Our mission statement here at The Hunterz is to build a community and home for players of compassionate nature, friendly outlook, fun nature, active personality, and a passion for long-term growth, community involvement, and building a family of gamers with ethical perspectives and virtues embedded in the way they play Savage: The Battle for Newerth, as well as in the way they act outside of the game when representing the clan in other internet communities.

Our primary goals can be described as follows:

• To create and foster an environment of friendship, maturity, kindness, and community for players to interact with each other

• To be the breeding grounds for community projects, ideas, and initiatives that seek to improve the Savage Community through positive thought, inspiration, and motivation

• To maintain and aim for long-term stability in the clan/community by adapting new ideas, methods, improvements, suggestions, and upgrades to the community and clan as time progresses

• To ultimately provide a space for players of like-minded personality to have fun, and make the world of online internet gaming a better place through teamwork, positive attitude, and the will to never give up

[Written by TNaismith on 2009 November 8th]

We have signed up TWO teams for the 2010 PUG Cup being held in the Savage Community, the only clan so far in the event to do so. We have, for the last 3-5 months, continued to hold weekly practices every week -- a sign of dedication and constant commitment to not only improving ourselves in teamwork, but to also learn from each other and grow as friends, people, and a family. On Newerth's Teamspeak 2 Server we have grown to be one of the most active clans that use it, and I would dare to say the most friendly, fun, safe, and respectful clans to be using Teamspeak both for in-game reasons, and also as a place to chill, chat, and learn about other clan members. b^^b

We have a strong public forum section for discussing music, Youtube videos, literature, and we also have a Graphics section that has steadily continued to grow in user content and contributions. We have had 10 Activeness Tests (something only seen in the private member's section) since 2009, and each one having on average 10-16 people each passing the test. Speaking of Youtube earlier, the clan has also just recently created and begun maintenance of it's very own TheHunterzClan YouTube Channel. We can only hope to one day match the high level of community contributions that well-known Youtube user HurlyBurly (Tirza) has continued to compile and share on her channel.

Savage: The Battle for Newerth is a game that has the strangest of reasons for you to play the game. It's an FPS (First-Person-Shooter) merged with an RTS (Real-Time-Strategy), it's free, it's almost entirely run by the community of Savage, whom itself is a mass of players from all over the world with different personalities and personal stories. But if you stick around the community long enough, you'll realize that among the truly loyal, there is a uniting sense of community and attachment to the game. Some may deny it, others scoff at such a thought, but the Savage 1 Community can hold many welcoming surprises for those whom have never been here before.

And above all, The Hunterz, TH, is a Savage: The Battle for Newerth clan living out our dreams and goals to be one of the kindest, friendliest, non-ego, non-flaming, and positive places to call home for a Savage player. Or anyone with a kind heart, a willingness to help others, to share good-natured laughs, to share stories and grow as a human being, to demonstrate and learn the importance of compassion, respect, trust, learning from mistakes, loyalty, and personal growth.

We are a clan that shall continue to follow the values of kindness, hope, inspiration, creativity, understanding, compassion, respect, learning, communication, and teamwork. We are a family. We are a community. We believe that by following these values of friendship, kindness, respect, and positive community, we can build a home where you can experience something magical that goes beyond just caring about winning games, being the most skilled, or having the best stats. This, is our definition of fun for the gaming world.

The Hunterz are waiting, will you join?

~ TNaismith

Last edited by TNaismith on Tue 08 Jun 2010, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

2010 June Update! Empty Re: 2010 June Update!

Post by DieOrFail Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:37 pm

Great summery TN! Thank you for writing this, and thank you for all the work you do for this clan! You are the core of The Hunterz, our heart Razz

Edit by TNaismith: Correction. Th3_Hunt3r, is the core. ^.^
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Sun 06 Jun 2010, 11:15 pm

TN, go get a writing degree. THAT WAS AMAZING.
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:21 am

It was, indeed Smile
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Mon 07 Jun 2010, 10:38 am

If you don't mind, (it's bothering me A LOT), I would like to say a few things about your post.

-First
*I would recommend not calling it Savage 1. Maybe do Savage XR. Because if someone was to see Savage 1, they would say, "Oh, well there is a sequel." and move on to that game.

-Second
*You need to remove the word 'most' in the phrase,
one of the most kindest, friendliest, non-ego, non-flaming, and positive places to call home for a Savage player.
It's not grammatically correct.
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Mon 07 Jun 2010, 9:58 pm

Ohohoh, TN!
A grammatical issue! Impossible!!! xxD

But, Rostner, this is a Savage 1 community, I don't think anybody here will switch to Savage 2 ;D
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Tue 08 Jun 2010, 1:47 am

ROSTNEr IS CORRECT IN FIRST THING HE SAID. Savage 1 ? Ahhh, so there's a SECOND savage.

We want people to play savage 1 only to revive it =D
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:06 am

Yes, I know the problem, but if we talk about Savage here on the forum, it's okay to say "Savage 1", in my opinion :-)
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:06 am

SAY SAVAGE XR.

Or Savage TH' =D
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:15 am

'Savage: The Battle for Newerth' or 'Savage XR'
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:59 pm

Absolutely Rostner! Thankees for sharing that. ^.^ This is what I meant by my own grammar + english levels in school being very poor here in Canada. (Which is also one of the reasons why I failed the two essays for an exam about a month ago. >.<). I tend to mix-up words and misuse them in sentences, as the example Rostner points out clearly shows. It is one of the exact mistakes my teacher told me after handing back the essay exams. =)

Fixed. Also the point about Savage 1 versus Savage XR is noted. I've never been too clear on it until now, but I see the logic, and it makes sense to me. ^^

(PS. If you notice as well, I also repeat myself a lot when writing. Not a good skill for writing essays either. ^^Wink

Last edited by TNaismith on Tue 08 Jun 2010, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Tue 08 Jun 2010, 4:37 pm

You're are quite welcome. After being in english classes where the teacher HOUNDS on you for grammar/spelling/vocabulary, I thought I would let you in on a secret... RUN! Run while you still can!
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 08 Jun 2010, 6:01 pm

xD Amen to that! Don't even get me started on what english classes are like in college/university/post-secondary schools here in Canada. xD
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomilion Wed 09 Jun 2010, 1:37 am

Ohhh!
I havent noticed but the grammatically problem was the word "most" cause youve written: Kindest, friendlist, etc.
And if you use the word most you have to write:
The most kind, friendly, etc.
Right?
Tomilion
Tomilion

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:03 am

It's only a small mistake Wink
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Wed 09 Jun 2010, 5:23 am

Yes Tomilion! That's exactly right!
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Thu 10 Jun 2010, 2:52 am

Thank you for explaining Smile
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down