Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Sneak Preview

+4
TNaismith
DieOrFail
Envy
Aneurysm
8 posters

Go down

Special Sneak Preview Empty Special Sneak Preview

Post by Aneurysm Mon 21 Jun 2010, 5:50 am

Ok guys, I have been thoroughly impressed with the screenshots you have collected on your forums. I think a little reward is in order so I am giving you guys some exclusive sneak peak previews of the up and coming map for Savage Heroes, caldavar. The map isn't quite complete yet as it needs to go through the alpha testing along with the rest of the mod, however, it is pretty filled out at this point so it will give you a fairly solid idea of what it is going to end up looking like.

Enjoy

Special Sneak Preview Sh1

Special Sneak Preview Sh2

Special Sneak Preview Sh7

Special Sneak Preview Sh3

Special Sneak Preview Sh4

Special Sneak Preview Sh5

Special Sneak Preview Sh6
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Special Sneak Preview Empty Re: Special Sneak Preview

Post by Envy Mon 21 Jun 2010, 6:39 am

WOW!!!!
Thanks!!! I always knew those SC would od something for us.. TN mostly takes them, and I love discssing them. Thanks for letting us see these, really!
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Mon 21 Jun 2010, 6:45 am

Aneurysm wrote:Ok guys, I have been thoroughly impressed with the screenshots you have collected on your forums. I think a little reward is in order so I am giving you guys some exclusive sneak peak previews of the up and coming map for Savage Heroes, caldavar. The map isn't quite complete yet as it needs to go through the alpha testing along with the rest of the mod, however, it is pretty filled out at this point so it will give you a fairly solid idea of what it is going to end up looking like.

Enjoy

This map looks really awesome! It seems that there is much more 'life' than in the original HoN/DotA map!
It looks much more 'deeper', more individual!
Great screenshots!
Thank you very much!
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 21 Jun 2010, 7:00 am

Wow Aneurysm. =) This is a very pleasant surprise to see. I can tell the maps definitely are putting in the 'Hon' feel, with all that extra fauna, plants, flowers, trees, etc. I believe there are some new textures for the ground/trees/hills too it seems, am I correct?

This is a very nice sneak preview, I already imagine playing on these maps will be more detailed and nice to look at than the regular Savage engine. These maps seem to...err...I don't know if this is the right phrase, but they seem to 'tell a story' more, or at the very least, seem more immersive for the gamer to play in.

Savage Heroes looks to be very strong visually in that aspect then. Nice work Aneurysm!
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Mon 21 Jun 2010, 7:06 am

TNaismith wrote:
These maps seem to...err...I don't know if this is the right phrase, but they seem to 'tell a story' more, or at the very least, seem more immersive for the gamer to play in.

This is exactly what I think about this map when I watch the pictures!
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Mon 21 Jun 2010, 9:30 am

It's just awesome! Goddamn it man! That's epic Very Happy
First picture is what Heaven would be for me Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneurysm Mon 21 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

@TNaismith yes you are correct almost all the textures in the map are indeed new to XR, however they are not exclusive to Savage Heroes. In fact I very recently completed a map called xr_kyuss which heavily uses a lot of the same textures. So if you are interested in seeing the textures ingame and just can't wait for the release of Savage Heroes I would strongly recommend loading xr_kyuss and playing a game on it.
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Mon 21 Jun 2010, 9:52 pm

Okay, MarchRisker, it would be really cool if you can upload this map on our server, if it isn't there already! ;D
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:07 pm

It's stunning how willing and supportive so many of you are on the team to helping explain and raise positive awareness about this project, instead of keeping things holed up behind-closed-doors to the point of months-on-end silence, no word of updates or ways to continue being interested in waiting for the release.

Definitely will see if that map can be played sometime on the server, if I don't luckily happen to join one of the other XR servers that might have loaded it already on their system.

Absolutely amazing how far the community for this game goes in working through projects quite possibly at the standards of at least a professional-like development team. I've always found it interesting that the Savage community is one of the few examples of where a game is not only kept alive, but continued to be improved by not the original game developers, but completely passionate gamers whom arose from playing the game, getting to know it, then proceeding to give back, contribute and improve.

Suffice to say, thank you Aneurysm, and to the entire team behind Savage Heroes, Savage XR, and to every person that has made the Savage Community what it is today.

Now March, do we have that map loaded on the TH European Server? =)
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneurysm Mon 21 Jun 2010, 10:39 pm

TNaismith wrote:It's stunning how willing and supportive so many of you are on the team to helping explain and raise positive awareness about this project, instead of keeping things holed up behind-closed-doors to the point of months-on-end silence, no word of updates or ways to continue being interested in waiting for the release.

Definitely will see if that map can be played sometime on the server, if I don't luckily happen to join one of the other XR servers that might have loaded it already on their system.

Absolutely amazing how far the community for this game goes in working through projects quite possibly at the standards of at least a professional-like development team. I've always found it interesting that the Savage community is one of the few examples of where a game is not only kept alive, but continued to be improved by not the original game developers, but completely passionate gamers whom arose from playing the game, getting to know it, then proceeding to give back, contribute and improve.

Suffice to say, thank you Aneurysm, and to the entire team behind Savage Heroes, Savage XR, and to every person that has made the Savage Community what it is today.

Now March, do we have that map loaded on the TH European Server? =)

Well I guess in the case of something like Savage Heroes, as it is just a community "love" project, and is not a commercial venture, we are not in fear of copy write issues or plagiarism. Therefore we can afford to be somewhat transparent. I am only in a small way involved with the Savage Heroes project however. All the hard work is really being performed by Daemon and Clemens. I am simply the gimp they enlisted to create the maps for the mod.

Towards that end, I love being open about my work, because feedback is the best possible way of improving both the map itself and my craft in general. Like everyone else out there, the first maps I ever made were just terrible. But I took the scathing comments in my stride and learnt from my mistakes. I kept practising and was lucky to have more knowledgeable people point out area's in which I could improve. While I don't consider myself to have stopped learning, I can safely say that these days I am very proud of my work and I know that it holds up in some of the highest company. Still....always room for improvement Razz

Oh and I believe you should all know my most recent map....after all, you played your pug match on it not 24 hours ago Wink
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by STRESS Tue 22 Jun 2010, 1:44 am

Good pictures! I'm looking forward playing Savage Heroes
STRESS
STRESS

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Tue 22 Jun 2010, 2:32 am

Yes, Valhalla is a great map, a bit like Eden ;D
(Both are paradises Very Happy)
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Tue 22 Jun 2010, 6:28 am

Valhala is awesome!

Your a great guy, Aneurysm, I like you Smile

Maps are great, and yeah, if you can improve more, maybe you'll beat TNaismith at the Nature screenshots. ( Not saying your the best because TNaismith is my boss and he could ban me, even if I'm a moderattor xD )

Anyways, haha, I was joking. Keep up the good work and let TH' know about your works / screenshots please Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneurysm Tue 22 Jun 2010, 1:14 pm

Adam Shootyperson wrote:Valhala is awesome!

Your a great guy, Aneurysm, I like you Smile

Maps are great, and yeah, if you can improve more, maybe you'll beat TNaismith at the Nature screenshots. ( Not saying your the best because TNaismith is my boss and he could ban me, even if I'm a moderattor xD )

Anyways, haha, I was joking. Keep up the good work and let TH' know about your works / screenshots please Very Happy

Obrigado amigo!

Voce moito bon carioca Razz
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Tue 22 Jun 2010, 9:43 pm

Haha!

OMG, your the one guy I met at Martial Arts Very Happy

Haha, yeah, your the guy that visited Rio. Haha, awesome =D
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneurysm Tue 22 Jun 2010, 10:58 pm

Adam Shootyperson wrote:Haha!

OMG, your the one guy I met at Martial Arts Very Happy

Haha, yeah, your the guy that visited Rio. Haha, awesome =D

That's right

By the way, I love the little smiley's you guys have on your forums. bounce
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Tue 22 Jun 2010, 11:32 pm

Thanks... You seem like a great guy ^^. I am a big fan of all your maps, and Valhalla is very balanced, so thank you for making it!
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 23 Jun 2010, 9:06 am

You gotta pay me a visit and teach me how to make ( good ) maps.
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by clumsyberry Fri 02 Jul 2010, 2:25 am

Valhalla is a human map, but still really enjoyable to play it Wink
clumsyberry
clumsyberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Fri 02 Jul 2010, 3:57 am

What's that picture ?
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Fri 02 Jul 2010, 7:54 pm

Adam Shootyperson wrote:What's that picture ?

Just a hot chick, who cares? Razz
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sat 03 Jul 2010, 11:01 am

True. But...nvm!
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content