Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Co-Op] Swat 4

5 posters

Go down

[Co-Op] Swat 4 Empty [Co-Op] Swat 4

Post by TNaismith Mon 21 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

This is a game I played a long time ago with Tushaar, and a player named 1Step1 from Savage. I'm not sure if he is still around, he may have went inactive a few months before the community/clan was revived last year.

To be simple, this game basically puts you in the role of a police squad, and you play through missions where you must infiltrate different locations and clear buildings of criminals and suspects, sometimes you must gather various objects for 'intel' as well. Each mission is always different no matter how many times you play it -- the map stays the same, but the location of the enemies and civilians always change, and one mission may not have the same people in the same rooms, etc.

The most important part of this game for me is that you can play online in the internet with up to four players in Co-Op mode, where 4 human players can join a single game and work through missions/objectives like a real squad team. You can throw flashbangs, you can choose weapons that stun instead of kill (Because as a police officer you want to leave killing as a last resort), and you can choose from different gear/armor/equipment to really complement your team. Some weapons are extremely helpful to have on a team, but not everyone can have it. There are also devices/equipment to help your squad stay safe and move through the missions easily -- door wedges, a gun wand (Lets you see underneath the cracks of doors), lightsticks (to light up dark areas of a room), and there are built in radio commands so that you can really issue orders and communicate like a real police team.

When I played it back with Tushaar and 1Step1, we only got around to play 2-3 maps. I unfortunately lagged out a lot and ended up getting killed very fast, and we generally were rushing through the missions as if it was Call of Duty. I remembered the game today because I was browsing Youtube yesterday while in an msn conversation with some other friends, and so I decided to see if anyone would be interested in getting the game and trying a few missions together.

Here is a video of some of the better teamwork + cooperation needed for completing this missions together. It's a very realistic game -- as well as a slow game in some sense. You have to really work together, slow down, wait for each other, and operate as a squad instead of individuals alone. This game is NOT for people that like fast-paced, constant gunning action. =) Sorry guys, but no rambo lonewolfs allowed here.