Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG this was so different on pc

+4
Adam Shootyperson
TNaismith
Tomilion
Nero
8 posters

Go down

OMG this was so different on pc Empty OMG this was so different on pc

Post by Nero Mon 21 Jun 2010, 4:16 pm

Now,

You might want some explenation from the title,; its pretty vague:

I recently bought a ps3 game, just 9.99 bucks, as a thing o do in between, so not a serious game (that was what it was suppose to be Wink) The name of the game was, and this will ring a few bells I hope: Command and conquer: Red alert 3 Comanders challenge. Its basically an expansion pack for c&c ra3 on pc, but re-scripted for ps3. I played it a few gems, and had trouble winning, but blamed it on the fact that the controls are simply to much to fit on one ps3 controller. But then i started stumbling upon levels that I simply could beat, even thought i thought I used every tactic and attack plan. (I even built indestructible bases with defense towers Spam (similar to guard tower in savage) and hoped on gold depleting em, but that didn't work either). So my son did something he rearly does (just kiddin): He made a good suggestion. He said: "Have you tried checking youtube on this, maybe theres some tacic you simply don't know, but thats how someone else did it?". And so i checked youtube, and I noticed something strange: The bots in the computer version were much less skilled when it comes to building basses and tactics. That made me go WTF?. I watched a few vids, and noticed that they didnt have a limited amount of troops to use for attack, and the game-play was overall simply easier. I copied a few techniques, but on pc they get atackt by 5 low grade units after 5 mins, it 10 tankes after five on ps3. And thats simply lame. Instead of compensating for less fast controlss you have on ps3 and make it a bit easier, they made it 5 times as hard!

Now, to come to my point:
Has any of you had such experiance with games that are harder on different plaforms?
Do any of you have experance with ps3 c&c games?
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

OMG this was so different on pc Empty Re: OMG this was so different on pc

Post by Tomilion Mon 21 Jun 2010, 7:21 pm

Ive never played an RTS game on PS or Xbox... And TBH it seem impossible for me to play it on one of these... In PC you have hot-keys and stuff + its easier to move with the camera cause of the mouse xD
Anyway I suggest you to try playing BFBC 2 and GOW 3 on PS, these games are HAW-SOME!
Tomilion
Tomilion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 21 Jun 2010, 7:43 pm

I've played one game from two different platforms where one was more difficult than the other. In fact, it was from the same game series you played; Command and Conquer, the original one from 1994 (or farther back even I think).

I first played Command and Conquer (the very first one) on the PC, and the controls, difficulty and such were quite easy to learn and master. I obviously made tactical/strategic mistakes, but that wasn't because of the controls or game mechanics -- just me being a poor substitute for real military commanding. xD

When I got the same game for the Nintendo64 (N64) platform console, the controls were very, very, very clumsy to use. The 'left-click box selection' had to be used awkwardly by an analog stick instead of a mouse, and the options to select building options, or to build units all had to be done via pressing an extra button. While on the PC version, you merely did almost everything you ever needed just by pointing and clicking with the mouse -- everything you needed was on the screen.

I don't have any idea who they could have made the controls easier for the N64, but I know it wasn't as easy to play the game compared to the PC version. Playing the N64 version also limited me in how many troops I could build. The PC version was all 2D graphics, meaning you could have up to like thousands of infantrymen and maybe a good 50-150 tanks on the screen if you really wanted to. Massive fun. On the other hand, the N64 version was Westwood's (the creators of the original Command and Conquer game) attempt at making things 3D. That mean you couldn't build as many troops on the field as you normally would, and tactics therefore shifted to smaller-scale fights -- which sort of decreased the amount of strategy to play. I wouldn't say it was harder to beat the N64 version, they didn't make it feel like 5 times harder than the PC, but it was...inconvenient.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Mon 21 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

I just have a computer. So no Razz
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Wed 23 Jun 2010, 2:13 am

lol
anyways, I know that the controls make it harder too, but sometimes it just seems... unfair
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by clumsyberry Wed 23 Jun 2010, 5:20 am

savage on ps would be a fail
clumsyberry
clumsyberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 23 Jun 2010, 7:35 am

Totally =D
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Wed 23 Jun 2010, 7:37 am

I tried Savage 2 one time with a gamepad on my PC....
Believe me, it sucks!
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 23 Jun 2010, 9:05 am

You even tried savage 2 ? STICK TO THE 1
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Wed 23 Jun 2010, 10:24 pm

Sure I tried it?!
But I don't like it ;D
Why should I just don't play Savage 2, if I haven't tried it? It could be good, who knows?
And I don't care if everyone says: 'This game sucks.' I wanna create my own opinion Smile
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 23 Jun 2010, 11:30 pm

Stick to savage 1 ='(
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Thu 24 Jun 2010, 1:43 am

the only reason that could prevent savage being a good game on ps would be the fact that a joystick isnt as fast nor as acurate in aim, and the lack of comander hotkeys. otherwise, the way you can reach all buttons so fast would make it easyer
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneurysm Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:10 am

One of the Japanese players hacked a working version of Savage on his Wii a while back. The video was funny to watch, but it was completely hopeless to play. I tried looking for the video to link you guys but I can't find it anymore Sad
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:57 am

Savage on Wii ? HAHAhAHAHAH

I mean, haha, when you have a balista do you have to lean backwards and forward to hit it ?
Haha

And to put a demo, do you have to get on your knees ? Haha, epic fail Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Thu 24 Jun 2010, 5:04 am

Well, if you imagine, as a legionnaire...
Take the 'Wii thing' as your axe, swing it three times to hit (combo), hold it vertical to block...
Nah, it would only work if you can use your body, too... Let's wait for next gen input technologies! xD
Or just play it with keyboard and mouse...^^
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 24 Jun 2010, 5:16 am

xD I see how it is now, the real secret plan to keeping Savage alive isn't to make new mods for it, or to just try and keep the community going through good staff and atmosphere....IT IS TO WAIT FOR THE TIME WHEN WE WILL PORT OVER TO SUPER TECHNOLOGY where swinging an axe can be done in a virtual simulator and laying demos actually means you have to kneel down and a computer will detect all that and send it to the server.... xD

Sneaky plan guys, sneaky but clever! =D
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:36 am

Adam Shootyperson wrote:Stick to savage 1 ='(

XR*

^^
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat 26 Jun 2010, 5:39 am

sav on wii must be cool. but if were rescripting for motion control, take playstations: better grafics and better sensitivity. (best consol grafics, try beating that)
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum