Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rostner's Mission

+4
Corn King
Epic Blood
TNaismith
Rostner
8 posters

Go down

Rostner's Mission Empty Rostner's Mission

Post by Rostner Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:52 pm

"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Ecuador Quito Mission... You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 13, 2011."

I will be speaking Spanish.

So, I'm not sure what to talk about, so I'll just go with it...

First off, Morgoth, My only accessibility to a computer will possibly be once a week to send emails. I also might be able to have a blog that I weekly update (which you guys could read and keep up on what I'm doing).

This is all my decision, and I know what I'm doing. I'm going to be teaching the gospel of my Church to those people of Ecuador. I know it will be difficult, a lot of work, and physically demanding, but I'm positive that I will enjoy it.

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I bear testimony that I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church. The Book of Mormon is true and was translated from the Prophet Joseph Smith and that the Bible is also true. I know that after I die, and I have lived worthy, I can live with my family for eternity in happiness.
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Rostner's Mission Empty Re: Rostner's Mission

Post by TNaismith Fri 08 Apr 2011, 2:19 pm

While not everyone here may share the same religious beliefs as you, I do wish you the best Rostner on your journey and trip! A blog (similar to what Morgoth did for his tramping 6-month journey to New Zealand) would be a very nice thing for people back here in the community to stay in touch with you and how you are doing. Of course, it's up to you!

Congratulations, and looking forward to hearing more about your preparations up until the day you depart for Ecuador. Not sure if we have any members that can speak Spanish, but you'll pick up the common language there very fast if very few people know english. You'll hear common phrases and sayings first, then eventually learn more advanced parts of the language. Who knows, maybe you'll be the first fluent member in spanish when you return!

Take care of yourself Rostner.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Fri 08 Apr 2011, 5:08 pm

I will miss you Rostner...Sad
We've had so much fun and nice conversations, and now I'll only be able to [hopefully] follow you on a blog-...

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm glad to see that you have such a strong belief in God.

Good Luck. Amen. Very Happy
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Corn King Fri 08 Apr 2011, 7:18 pm

Congratulations Rostner and Good Luck Smile
Corn King
Corn King

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Sun 10 Apr 2011, 5:06 am

Thanks for all the good wishes guys! Smile
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:24 am

Good luck! And enjoy Wink
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashday Thu 14 Apr 2011, 4:03 pm

Good luck Rostner!
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:05 am

The time is quickly approaching!
I have 2 weeks until my 2-year mission begins! Very Happy

If you have any questions about my church, visit http://mormon.org/

If you have a specific question about why I would want to spend 2 years of my life teaching the gospel to people I don't even know, visit http://mormon.org/missionary-work/

If you have any other questions, just feel free to ask me. I'll be here for 2 more weeks, but then I can't respond to any questions unless you directly write me a letter (which would be awesome).

Also, it isn't fully running yet, I will have a blog set up that will be updated weekly by my father:
http://elderbloxham.com/

I will post later about mailing information, this information will be updated as I move about the country on my blog. Smile
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Thu 30 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

I wish you the best of luck, and I am so happy that you are willing to use 2 years of your life teaching the gospel to other people who may not have the same background as others.

I'd be more than glad to send you a letter! Very Happy
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriti Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:05 pm

Good luck pal Wink

Seriti

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Mon 11 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

Hello all, I finally got my blog set up!

http://www.elderbloxham.com

Everyone check it out, I will be leaving internet life on Tuesday and start my mission Wednesday! Getting really close. Smile
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 12 Jul 2011, 2:49 pm

o_0 That's tomorrow! Rostner, really hope you find what your looking for out of this experience, and maybe fulfill some of your dreams and goals for life too. Like Morgoth's trip, this one will be quite a big one in your life, possibly life-changing! =) Please take care, and I'm hoping that many of us here in the TH community will follow your blog and wish you the best throughout your two-years on this journey. You can certainly count on me following along your blog entries! ^_^

I have added yours (as well as Morgoth's) website to the main portal page of The Hunterz. Currently it's very simple, but I'll try to make it look better and more organized later. ^^

Never give up. That's a motto I've always tried to follow, and perhaps it might come in handy on your journey somewhere along the way too. Or maybe not. xD

Take care Rostner!
~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

Cyah :'(
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:40 am

-> bookmarks =)
I wish you a great time!
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Thu 04 Jul 2013, 6:50 am

Just so you know. I got back from my mission yesterday. I'll write an overview on it later....
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 04 Jul 2013, 7:10 pm

Grand to see you around again mate, surprised after around 1-2 years you still remember us! Hope you had a good journey.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:41 am

Well, I had a ton of amazing experiences that really helped me become a much a better person. I would definitely say that I have matured quite a bit. I learned, through experience, that being obedient and diligent is what truly brings me happiness. I learned how to truly love all people, regardless of who they are or where they are from. I also learned to speak fluent Spanish, bonus points!
I met so many people while I was in Ecuador. As a missionary, I tried to bring people closer to God and help them live a better life. I had countless experiences where I could help a person or an entire family overcome every single one of their problems. I was able to repair quite a bit of broken relationships. Some more people in Ecuador now have a brighter hope and a better future ahead of them.
I got a stronger testimony of what I teach and live is true. But I suppose I'll leave it at that because I can't go too in-depth into the religion topic. If any of you care to know more about my spiritual experiences, feel free to message me, email me, or check out my blog!
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down