Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community!

+5
Aneurysm
Tushaar
Rumo
DieOrFail
TNaismith
9 posters

Go down

June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community! Empty June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community!

Post by TNaismith Fri 02 Jul 2010, 8:47 pm

June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community! F220100630anniversar

June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community!

Hello everyone!

My goodness...where to start? I'm already a few days late from when the 'real' anniversary date for TH was (according to when we revived the clan last year in 2009), but I thought making a topic closer to the beginning of July would make things easier to talk about. xD

Well there are a lot of things to talk about! So please bear with my long talking once again, but I assure you, it takes a lot of time to constant write up all these descriptions, announcements, updates, topics, etc for the forums. It is no easy task, but I do love it. =)

Okay! So first things first, we should welcome a new Forum Moderator onto the team, Raiden! A former Angels of Newerth member, and also one of the first people to create an account on the community forums after we approached AoN back in 2009 for our first Funwar. It was a very nice gesture to see someone else step outside of their community to actively register in a new community to say hello. A year later, Raiden is now part of the community here at TH (after AoN sort of went inactive I believe >.<), and has willingly volunteered to join the staff helping oversee and make the forums a fun and safe place to be. =) Welcome Raiden!

Hmm...what next? Well I supposed I should explain the title of this topic, and then why the moving graphics says '6 Year Anniversary'. The truth is that TH (The Hunterz) clan was actually created quite a few years ago. 2004 or 2006 I believe. I may have gotten a few numbers wrong....>.>;....but I'm not too far off, right? xD Anyways! The beginning of July today marks exactly one year since the community was 'revived' back in the summer of 2009, around this same time. While on the other hand, it also marks the *approximate* birth of the clan from the time when Th3_Hunt3r (Known as Hunt3r on the forums) first created it.

And man! As I have mentioned before....look how far this community has come! I'm no fortune-teller, but I have to say that I've never felt so comfortable and enjoyed such a fun, friendly, safe, welcoming, and kindness-infused atmosphere in Savage other than here at TH. There are other clans in the Savage Community that definitely have some great people and some great atmospheres of their own, but I will honestly say that being here at TH has been one of the greatest highlights in my gaming career -- and let me tell you, that is a rare thing to say, because Savage is a player vs player type of game, and I usually HATE player vs player games. (I actually prefer Co-Op where all human players unite against AI bots/computer opponents like in Left4Dead or Gears of War 2).

So pat yourself on the back everyone, this place is the way it is today because of all the time and effort YOU have put into it.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Now onto a slightly more serious topic, I want to start letting people know that Hunt3r, the man, and the all-seeing FATHER of this clan will HOPEFULLY be returning permanently to resume duties as full clan-leader of TH. He has been extremely busy with school (He is taking a lot of sciences I believe), a job, some intimate relationships, family, and of course regularly taking the time to still talk with all of us here in the TH Community despite all his RL commitments.

When that day comes, and I assure you, it hopefully will be happening in the next two weeks or less *I hope*, then as a result, I will obviously be stepping down as the temporary clan-leader, and be glad to see the rightful crown restored to full glory upon Hunt3r's bald head---oops, did I say bald? rabbit I meant handsome and glorious (which could still be technically bald and shiny I guess). xD

At this time, I hate PvP games (player vs player games), and Savage unfortunately is one of them. There is something about PvP games that brings out some of the most rude, obnoxious, and inhumane trash-talkers you've ever seen on the internet (Although there is much worse. ^^; ). To say the least -- I am only playing Savage really because of the people I have met here in TH -- which is really ALL of YOU. =) I am active in several other internet games + communities that I try to put as much time as I put into TH and all my gaming-related activities....and out of all them, TH is the most time-consuming over the last year or so. When Hunt3r comes back, I will probably continue my duties helping to manage and oversee the forums + website, but I may take a less active role in actually playing Savage on an everyday basis. I plan on still playing Savage every week or so, just logging on to play a few public matches, maybe some clan practices, and some other stuff, but I am quite busy this summer....and once September comes around I will become a full-time college student again. (I have only been so active for the last two months because my last term ended two months ago. ^^)

So while I don't want to go around saying I'm leaving the clan for good *WHICH I AM NOT ^^;*, I do want to say that I may be preparing myself for the many things coming up this year that I will have to pay good attention to and work hard at. Real life ftw! ^^;

Now....I have talked about myself for the last 4-5 paragraphs long enough. Lets get back to how great all of you guys are here in the TH Community. =)

As I mentioned earlier, it is really all of you people that have made this place what it is today. The staff here at TH have done our best to create a friendly, safe, kind, compassionate, and inclusive atmosphere for the forums so that as many people as possible can feel safe and encouraged to have fun, make friends, and form relationships that go deeper than just being simply 'clan-mates'. I have mentioned this before; Gaming is frowned by parents because they are apparently only for anti-social people or violent murders and immature kids. Well I believe all of you here at TH have challenged those beliefs very well. Not only are we a gaming clan for a PvP game, but we have for ONE FULL YEAR maintained a very great environment, atmosphere, and home for people of friendly spirits, inclusive behavior, welcoming and helpful nature, and those who see gaming as more than just 'getting stats or being the best pwning pro in the game'.

In my opinion, gaming on the internet has so much potential to be opportunities to meet friends and learn about the world just as if you would meet people in real life...it is a rare chance to connect with people over the internet in different countries and to share stories and experiences in similar hobbies, interests and passions. Gaming is a special, very special thing...and it is a shame 80% of most people just see gaming as a way to make themselves look good on the internet or to selfishly makes themselves feel good while putting other people down. >.>;

And so TH, without hopefully wasting another minute of your life reading another line of text, thank you for a wonderful year at TH, and let the good times keep coming. Hopefully Hunt3r will come back to lead TH this summer as the original clan-leader, and I will be able to step down and think about what I want to do next. =)

Oh...and btw, HAPPY CANADA DAY! (It's a day past, but I was out partying and at festivals all over my city celebrating, so I couldn't post it yesterday. ^^b)

The Hunterz are waiting....will you join?

~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community! Empty Re: June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community!

Post by DieOrFail Fri 02 Jul 2010, 11:00 pm

TNaismith wrote:
The Hunterz are waiting....will you join?

Sure! Great post, like always, TNaismith!
Thank you for writing this =)
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community! Empty Re: June Ends, July Starts -- One Full Year for the TH Community!

Post by Rumo Sat 03 Jul 2010, 8:39 am

Your posts are always nice, especially this one!
I can remember very well, when I started to play Savage! It was some years ago, when a friend gave me a Cd out of a PC- magazine, yeah, it was Savage! (Too bad that the CD is gone, I could have acted like an oldschool player =D ).
The game was really hard to learn, After 2 weeks I recognized that you can enter lairs with "e" *g*

There were players like "Th3_Hunt3r" or "Sentenza", which I was too shy to talk to =D
Narasimha (my old name) was just a clanless newbplayer, no contacts etc..
Then I left Savage for a while (almost a year), till I reinstalledi t again and decided to join a clan! First there was -AoN-, Raiden and Adam Shootyperson were in there too. Maybe you know them!
Adam joined TH', RaGe became a funclan and I decided to follow him, and it was the best decision related to games I ever made =)
This clan is just awesome, it´s not relating to ingame things only, you can talk to each other about different things, such as music, literature, films, hobbys and much more, and you can be sure to get an answer very quickly!

Oops, why the hell did I write down my Savage Story? It should be about TH' only, slap me with an Oschoretunefishbaby please!
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Sat 03 Jul 2010, 8:58 am

My Savage career started like this:

I just got internet to my home. It was bad and i knew it, but i had no experiences with Online gaming so i knew less about Ping.

My Best friend, who is my neighbour during the summers, and with whom i am drinking this summer too once a week near a fireplace and talking amazing stuff ( A REAL FRIEND) was talking about Strategic games, because he likes those. And he mentioned a game Savage, because you could build buildings there and at the same time you had real players playing for you. So i decided to try it. My first game was with him, because he too, hadn't played it. After 2 hours of playing he decided he didn't like it, but i did. So i started to play every day a little, but had bad ping, like i still do. But still i played. After 3-4 months of playing i was in EvO duels server and met Hunter. Well, i met Dino Exp. before, he is the person why i joined TH. I dueled Hunter some times that day, and he complimented my blocking skills though i had bad ping. I was afraid i couldn't get in TH because i had played so little time Sad . When coming on forums, i met TNaismith, who had a really badass signature (Is still viewable on old forum) I thought he is the most arrogant and cruel person in the tribe. I was really afraid of him Sad But after a while, i got in and got to know him better. He was the coolest person ever ^^ . But unfortunately as i read in my old forum, i was an immature kid, so my real emotions with TH have been only recent.

Thanks Th3_Hunt3r for taking me in ^^
I will never leave this clan.
Happy anniversary =)
Have fun!!!
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sat 03 Jul 2010, 10:46 am

Tushaar wrote:
I thought he is the most arrogant and cruel person in the tribe.

Don't let your guard down Tushaar, I still am the most arrogant and cruel person you'll ever meet...Especially if your a flamer or jerk of any kind. Twisted Evil

Wink
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aneurysm Sat 03 Jul 2010, 4:56 pm

I think (don't quote me on this) that TH' first started in 2006. Believe it or not, I was living in London during that time and I first started to see the TH icon floating around at that point. 2003/2004 was when the game was first released and I was still playing the game in Australia so I guess I can't say with certainty that TH was not around at this stage. However it was definitely sometime around 2006 that I first started seeing the icon around EU servers.
Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sat 03 Jul 2010, 5:40 pm

Ah. ^^; I wasn't too sure of the date myself, so don't quote me on it either. If people feel the date is really wrong I can try to change everything if it really bothers. (The moving graphics banner will be a pain to change because I have to animate everything again >.<)

But yeah, wasn't meaning to put false information out there. All I know is that it feels like it might have been 2004 or 2006 that the TH community was started. ^^

TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Sat 03 Jul 2010, 11:30 pm

Well, my savage story is:
My bro's started playing it when a friend recommended it them. They played and as a7-8 yr old I loved watching. My bro play from time to time but they still suck. When I was younger, I had this love for being better then them at something even when I was the youngest. So whenever I had cases oto the game i would play. In my spare time I would browse the newerth stats and stand in awe at the amazing skill that shag and other players already had. I pushed myself more, hoping to one day join evo, being my small hopeful self. Then I saw TH, and it was the perfect clan for me... Anyways
Happy annevisary
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 04 Jul 2010, 12:00 am

If you want to hear my story, here it is:

My best friend and me wanted to make a LAN party, with 2 other friends. Now we had no opinion what games we could play there. So we browsed the Internet and searched and searched... After a few days we found two great games, Savage and Teaworlds, and we played them with four players on our first LAN party. That was really great, so we started to play more often together, but we've never watched any tutorials or something like this. We just played Savage in the most newbie way you can play this game. The problem was, we couldn't play in the Internet, because I had no fast connection, only ISDN, and the costs would be immense.
After a few years, we got a faster connection, and I started playing Savage, last year, I think it was June/July. But I, like every newbie, got raped, and there was no fun anymore...
But after another great match with my friends, I tried it again, 2 or 3 months later, and I stayed, with a couple of breaks, till now! After I was a bit better, I started looking for a clan, but I didn't found one. Then, after a lot of duels with a player called 'Damus' from Sun, he told me, if I want to be in a clan where stats don't count, I should look for TH'.
That's what I did, and I read the rules, and I was surprised that such a great clan exists!
And now I'm here =)
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Tue 06 Jul 2010, 8:15 pm

Ulquora's mum was my childminder when i was young, i watched Ulq play he gave me his copy and then i started playing too and im still a newb Razz
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 07 Jul 2010, 9:01 am

This is my savage career : I installed the game and played. It was shit until I came to TH'.
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomilion Wed 07 Jul 2010, 10:37 am

Hello everyone!
As you all see I'm very inactive lately. I'm realy busy in RL and I don't have much time to post. But this topic, worth a post =D.

Two and a half years ago (More or less.), a friend of mine showed me the game. I realy liked the game, combining RTS and some kind of FPS game (?) we showed the game to all of my friends and we were all playing together, we weren't that good but it was so fun! That was the first time I realy played online with my RL friends and that was awesome. We got abit better and after like 5-7 months some guys have opened the Israeli server. That server was so AWESOME! We all had 30-50 ping, we met many Israelis there. I played abit more than my friends, I became better and knew better some guys in the Israeli server (Some of them are friends of mine till today :] ). I became a god referee in the Israeli server. I saw that many people from the Israeli server are from TH', I've asked them about the clan and tried to join (Back then the clan was based on stats). I pwned Hunty in some duels and got in ^.^ . I didn't know many people from the clan back then (That aren't Israeli) cause I played all the time in the Israeli server. My friends left savage, and the server was dying. I left Savage for like a year, maybe more. One of my friends reinstalled the game and reminded me how fun it was. I came back and re-joined TH'. I left Savage after like 3 weeks, but I've asked Hunter to let me stay with the icon, to keep my member rights. After like an other... 5 months or something like that, I came back. The clan was after the revival. And from that day till now, I enjoy every moment with you guys and Im glad that I've returned to Savage and to the clan. Even thou I played games that are 'better' than Savage, Savage is the most fun game Ive ever played, and thats cause of you guys! (Well maybe after StarCraft =] )
Thank you guys for the nice memories and fun! And I promise to be active again!
^.^
<3

~ Tomilion.
Tomilion
Tomilion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down