Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA

5 posters

Go down

January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA Empty January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA

Post by TNaismith Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm

January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA

Hello TH folks,

As gamers you may have noticed today a number of websites across the entire internet have been shutdown, or have notices concerning the subject titles like 'SOPA' and 'PIPA'. While here at TH we aren't shutting down anything -- we do want to let you know about this internet-wide event taking place today.

SOPA and PIPA are laws that will greatly restrict how we use the internet -- and as gamers it directly affects us as well as many other people. If these laws are accepted in the United States, it will have an impact across the entire world -- and media corporations will have more power over the internet to shut down a lot more websites that they wish -- in fact, if such laws are passed, a simple gaming community forum like ours could be permanently taken offline for petty reasons such as "We just think this website might be harmful or doing something illegal, we have no proof, but we will get the website shutdown anyways."

Those shoutcasts from the Savage: The Battle for Newerth competitive clanwars/NSL matches? XR Trailer videos? Minecraft videos? Heroes of Newerth shoutcasts? League of Legends recorded matches? Call of Duty frag matches? People making a fan map for Savage? All this could be deleted from the internet simply because of corporations could use these new laws to somehow say "This stuff is illegal and we want it deleted."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM

This video is by the infamous 'TotalBiscuit', a Youtube user whom has a video channel focusing on gaming. You may have seen his videos before, and he published this video one month ago, back in December 2011. Despite this, the video explains VERY WELL exactly what SOPA and PIPA is, why it is happening, why it is bad, why people should be concerned about it, and also what we can do to stop it.

I recommend watching the video, it gets to the point and will inform you straight away about what all this SOPA and PIPA buzz is about.

Finally, today is being quoted as the day for "Internet-wide protests against SOPA/PIPA", and so consider spreading the word about this, let people know about the issue, give them links to the video above, and also read the news articles below for further information on the protests happening across the internet today.

Internet-wide protests against SOPA/PIPA are kicking up a storm
Internet piracy: Web-wide protest takes on two anti-piracy bills
SOPA And Protect IP, Why You Should Care?
January 18: Internet-Wide Protests Against the Blacklist Legislation
http://blacklists.eff.org/

Make sure to watch the video above by TotalBiscuit to really get a good idea of how serious the SOPA and PIPA acts are for the entire world of internet, and for gamers like us.

Thanks for reading, have a good day.
~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA Empty Re: January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA

Post by Epic Blood Thu 19 Jan 2012, 3:35 am

I watched the whole thing. I was not aware!
What is this?! What about the humans right, like free speach?!

What is this SHIT ?!
Me no like. I am terrifyed.
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA Empty Re: January 18th 2012 - Protests Internet-Wide Against SOPA and PIPA

Post by Power Hermit Thu 19 Jan 2012, 3:41 am

Without trying to sound exceedingly offensive to the whole world domination I say......

Meh.

....I'll leave it at that..
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

What kind of a passive try to be supportive is that?!
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Power Hermit Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

Well, see...all we can do is complain. In the end I doubt it will have any significance about what they're planning...it's about tme for another revolution Razz
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Fri 20 Jan 2012, 3:07 am

Power Hermit wrote:it's about tme for another revolution Razz

This.

And it should happen pretty soon, else we're fucked.
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Power Hermit Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ56UNL5zeo&feature=fvst

as far as I know, it's been approved of already. stand idly by and we're fucked.
Power Hermit
Power Hermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Corn King Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:22 am

Its happening already....:\ lots of upload/load servers are being shutdown...Hope Anonymous will fight against it..

We are anonymous.
We are legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us!
Corn King
Corn King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down