Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythbusters myth idea

4 posters

Go down

Mythbusters myth idea Empty Mythbusters myth idea

Post by Crashday Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:10 pm

Lately I watched a lot of Mythbusters and that made me thinking of coming up with my very own myth! Have you ever felt being stared at and as you looked at the direction you thought the watcher is coming from there was actually a person which was looking right in your eyes? Well this moments didn't happen just once in my life, so I was thinking if it is possible that humans actually have a sixth sense (like in savage xD jk...)? Somebody on discovery.com already posted a mythrequest related to my myth so I decided to post what I already have experieced as a reply. My username on discovery.com is bernhardfritz. Here's the topic on discovery.com: http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=6941912904&f=9701967776&m=64719301301&r=42019295011#42019295011
Crashday
Crashday

http://bitcrusher92.hostoi.com

Back to top Go down

Mythbusters myth idea Empty Re: Mythbusters myth idea

Post by TNaismith Mon 05 Mar 2012, 4:31 pm

Wow! I have read the post you submitted at discover.com and it has a good step-by-step procedure that the Mythbusters could try using to actually test the myth for the television show. If at the very least, it could give a helpful idea/general direction.

Very impressed with that logic and the way you presented the suggestion, if the Mythbusters ever take it up, I wouldn't be too surprised at why. Very Happy
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:07 am

I'm not totally sure, and I'm more like a rationalist (even if I believe that there are a few metaphysical things), but I'd say it's the same phenomena like what happens with the full-moon and bad dreams: People dream bad and think, oh, what a horrible dream, and then they happen to look out of the window and there it is, a white, evil, not evadable moon! And then they think: It has to be the moon! After a while they create a "myth" about the moon influencing there sleep/dreams and start dreaming bad because they THINK they know that they're going to sleep bad. They ignore the fact that they have bad dreams even if there is no full moon.

Just think of how often you look up and you see nobody looking at you. But if you look up and see someone, your brain creates the thought that there WAS a feeling. I'm not sure, but I bet that feeling is created afterwards, when you see the other one and think, hey, I think I had a feeling, hadn't I?
But I'm neither a psychologist nor a meta-physicist.
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:45 am

This is awesome.
This is a myth.

Very Happy
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down