Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Dreadmare want to join TH

2 posters

Go down

[Declined] Dreadmare want to join TH Empty [Declined] Dreadmare want to join TH

Post by gold2222 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:42 am

1. In-Game Savage Name. Please provide any other nicknames you go by.
Answer:
Dreadmare

2. Links to your Newerth.com Stats.
Answer:
New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days.Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

3. Which servers do you play on most.
SFE

4. Please tell about any previous clans, and which years you were a member.
Answer:
I was in my own clan and enjoyed my icon

5. Teamspeak 2, Teamspeak 3 and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is strongly encouraged. Are you willing to use it?
Answer:
NO

6. Write a few sentences/paragraphs (or even more if you want!) about yourself. Discuss why you want to join the community and clan, as well as anything else about yourself that might seem interesting or helpful for us to know. If you want, you can also include information such as; what do you expect from TH, how do you feel about our community's vision and atmosphere, and what do you expect TH to give you.
Answer:
I like to tell others that humans is overpowered.I dont like campers and any defence related things.I like att str and speed.I like PC games made in 1998-2004, i dont like current generation PC games.I like savage because it have no toolbars/no autoaiming/no childish graphic/isnt mainstream.You can check my tastes here /watch?v=LcF3_RqWtWY
My favorite genres is RTS and Hack n Slash.My hated genres is FPS and RPG.I dont like flux and repeater because they are annoying me alot.I like to pwn people in the internet, because if I would own thems in real life, i would get jailed.I like games where players drop items after death.When i get bored, im watching runescape pk videos.I have no friends.I hate summer.I almost like winter.Other people like to call me troll, but they are mistaken, because troll is related with mindfuck, and im nothing close.I dont understand why people hide sex organs.I dont understand why people do marriage.I dont understand why people post comments in youtube like "...thumbs up if you agree".I dont understand why people worship facebook.Im a virgin, because...nvm i already said too much.
I want to join TH because i like icon and expect to see clan wars without unnamednewbies and people with high ping.
I expect from TH an icon.
Black website theme seems as dieing website.

7. The process for joining TH means you have to go through a vote to be accepted into JH (Junior Hunters, our Trial Clan). Then, depending on your attitude/personality, you will then go through a final vote into TH if you pass the first stage. JH votes and TH votes will last up to two weeks each. Do you accept this agreement?
Answer:
Yes

8. All rules, policies and guidelines must be followed by all TH Members at all time. Violation or failure to follow any of the rules in the clan can result in severe punishment or a ban. By signing your name below, you agree to follow our rules at all times and to accept the consequences if you don't. You also agree to uphold the clan values, vision, goals, and conduct at all times. Type your name below here to show you accept the agreement.
Name:
Dreadmare

gold2222

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Dreadmare want to join TH Empty Re: [Declined] Dreadmare want to join TH

Post by TNaismith Wed 01 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm

'Lo there Dreadmare, or gold2222.

I remembe' seeing one of your posts on Newerth.com back in 2011,
"Wandering splending mmorpg/mmo need advice! "

...and most recent time I remember seeing your name is from your reply to the topic
"What made you stick to playing Savage when you were a newbie?"

I've read yer application and you shared lots of things about yourself in one of the answer sections -- it was helpful and lets us get to know you better real quick.

Oh, I also watched that video where you listed your best PC games of all time, we got a game in common... Stronghold: Crusader. I still play that game even now, in fact, a few weeks ago I was trying to make some progress past the Crusader Trail missions... about halfway through all the missions. Gotta take my time as the AI bots get more stuff to begin with. I prefer just playing the Skirmish mode though, set up some random AIs, put everyone on the same gold and starting troops, then pick a map and just go wild.

Okay, about your application (got sidetracked sorry! Hehehe...)

You have shared many things about yourself, and you were got to the points very quick, so I will try to be also to make things clear without talking too much. Smile (But I usually go on too long either way, be warned!)

Anyways, while your thoughts about body parts, marriage, and youtube comments are not a problem (In fact, I agree with some things!). A major thing we want to bring to video gaming is a more positive and friendly culture. This means playing video-games in a mindset on having fun through teamplay, organizing, and communicating with others in-game, and less about trying to be just having the highest kills/sadist award at the end of a game, or caring so much about winning a match that we ignore treating other people nicely, no matter if win or lose.

A positive and friendly culture for video-games also means acting and caring respectfully for the kind of language, tone, and attitude used for interacting with other people, both in-game or out-of-game... like on forums, websites, teamspeak, skype, email, etc. We believe that through video-games some really good friendships, and caring acts of kindness and maybe even positive change for the world can happen -- that video-games can be more than just online entertainment... they can also be tools for building amazing communities or even friendships that some people believe video-games can never do.

Now... from your application it seems like you have some very firm opinions and views on things, as I've said, this is fine. But remember that how we express and communicate our feelings/thoughts/emotions to other people plays a big part in success in anything. And here at TH we take that philosophy seriously. Letting the odd swear word slip during angry moments is fine, and for the most part we can take jokes without feeling the need to cause a fuss -- but on the other hand, we do want to try hard to encourage people in this part of the internet to talk with as much respect for the general public, and each other, as possible. This means swearing or using harsh tones in messages posted on the forums, or in-game chat, or even through microphone on places like Teamspeak, Ventrilo, and Skype, is very much discouraged. Keep this in mind if you want to continue your application to TH, because it's better we tell you this now so you can make changes to your decision to apply if you want to.

Okay, if you've finally reached this part and haven't got the urge to throw a virtual chiprel at me yet, then nice job. The final thing, and most important part of your application to mention, is the following parts you wrote in your answers:

"I want to join TH because i like icon and expect to see clan wars without unnamednewbies and people with high ping.
I expect from TH an icon."

"5. Teamspeak 2, Teamspeak 3 and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is strongly encouraged. Are you willing to use it?
Answer:
NO"

TH is more than just playing clanwars or competing. It's about wanting to see video-games on the internet become a more friendly and positive place to enjoy -- at least for people who prefer to enjoy video-games without trash-talking, without purposefully starting arguments, and without generally being rude people on the internet -- even if something is true or not, or even if something is wrong, or right. We seek out players and people who share this vision, and want to join us to help make progress along this ambitious journey. We do make plans to compete in clanwars and competitions/tournaments, and yes we do have some focus on training skills/communication/teamplay where possible. But if you are mostly just interested in joining a clan to participate in clan wars without being around unnamednewbies and laggers -- then TH is not the home to be looking for.

However, there are lots of other clans out there too, and lots of them are very serious about competition and clanwars than TH is... and because you shared so much helpful information about yourself and your interests... here are some recommendations for you to check out:

Sun Clan (Led by CrashBandiCoot as far as I remember)
http://sunsavage.forumotion.com/

Warrior Clan (These guys have a high focus on clan wars and training skills. Name warrior is no joke)
http://www.warrior.groentjuh.eu/forum/index.php

Fox Clan (Heard of EnglishSlug or Kenneth Fox? These guys and other Fox players are well-known)
http://savagame.eu/fox/

DeMo Clan (I know these guys are still around playing clan wars in Savage still, well-known)
http://demonicmonsters.com/site/

DeadLy Alliance, DA Clan (Another well-known player named The Battle is part of the leadership there)
http://clanda.freeforums.org/portal.php

According to your application answers about your personal interests/opinions and also expectations from a clan, these other groups might suit what you are looking for much better than here at TH. Take a look at their websites and feel free to talk to their members in-game to find out more if you like. All of these clans participated in the last National Savage League last year, and lots of their members are regularly active in-game playing on public servers and also doing trainings/clan-wars weekly... or at least every month.

Take some time to think about all this and let us know if you want to continue your application here to TH or if you would rather withdraw and try somewhere else that you want. If you want to continue your application here to TH, then I'll let you know that meeting new applicants personally on Teamspeak/Skype/Ventrilo/Mumble or anything that allows a microphone conversation is a very important, and highly recommended qualification. If you really don't like talking/hearing other people's voices, then we'll have to find another way to meet you on a one-to-one level, because when meeting a new person that wants to join TH, we really want to at least have someone meet/talk/get to know you personally that is beyond just talking on a forum or private forum message system. So if you do wish to continue your application, perhaps start off by explaining why you answered 'NO' to the teamspeak/microphone application questions. And share possible solutions for an alternative way to talk with you through microphone that you are comfortable and willing to use.

Thanks for the application buddy, and sorry for the long text heh heh... hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me for that. If there's answers/stuff you don't want to say out here in the public, then you can send a private message to me and I'll respond there. Anything else your willing to reply to though, please post it here in your application topic. If you do change your mind or feel like coming onto Teamspeak 3 (newerth.com teamspeak server) to chat, just send me a text message on there... I'm usually logged on there all the time just AFK -- but I get back soon as someone lets me know they want to talk there. Lately I've not been on the Teamspeak 3 server, but I'll jump up the program now and stay logged on there for the next few days just in case you do go online there.

Hope to see your reply soon. Welcome to the forums and the community,
~ TNaismith

Last edited by TNaismith on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Dreadmare want to join TH Empty Re: [Declined] Dreadmare want to join TH

Post by gold2222 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 1:45 am

Continue...
I cant use any teamspeaks, because i have no microphone, english is 2nd language, so i doubt someone will ever understand what i say.
Yah..
I dont play for the lion head award or for best kill/death ratio.I just roam lands for fun, to have fun and make chaos Razz

gold2222

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 02 Aug 2012, 5:48 am

Hi gold, I sent you private message with some further questions and information. Smile

Also about microphone or english as 2nd language... you'll be surprised how many applicants have applied to TH with troubles speaking english... and we've been able to communicate with them even despite the language levels... so I think there is a good chance I will understand what you will say. But of course you have no microphone right now... but if you do get one, then don't worry about english being a 2nd language... at least not for this first meeting. Just need one chance to talk with you personally in a place that is better than an in-game chatbox or private messages/forums/websites... forums and chatboxes are great, but Teamspeak and microphones allow at least more personal and live conversations, even if only one person is using it, and the other person listens. (But there is a chatbox in Teamspeak 3 and also in programs like Skype and Ventrilo... so you can still make replies to what I say through the microphone. xD)

Please reply to the private message and also maybe I can hope you change your mind about Teamspeak 3? Smile If you want to use Skype/Ventrilo instead just let us know as well.

Thanks,
~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 02 Aug 2012, 6:14 pm

Dreadmare/gold2222,

Thanks for responding to the private message, you have confirmed that you want to continue your application, and that you are serious about it.

Your trial vote has started and will end on Thursday, August 16th 2012.

~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:20 pm

Saw you yesterday on Teamspeak, Dreadmare. Caught your message too, but didn't get to respond in time. Keep trying, I'll keep checking often to see if your online. Basketball
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:47 am

Hello Dreadmare,

Your trial vote has ended in a decline. Many TH members did not feel comfortable with your personality and attitudes, and that you did not demonstrate proof of really wanting to join TH for reasons that we would have liked.

Hope you have success if you continue to search for a clan (or who knows, maybe even create one yourself!) that suits your taste.

~ TNaismith
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down