Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread

+6
Morgoth of Udun
Rumo
Envy
Tushaar
Adam Shootyperson
TNaismith
10 posters

Go down

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread Empty TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread

Post by TNaismith Wed 23 Jun 2010, 8:09 pm

Just a spot for me to post any random stuff I make that has to do with Savage: The Battle for Newerth somehow, or sometimes to do with the clan/community of TH. ^^

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20110223thlongbanmulti

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101023randomimage1

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101023abelincolnquot

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101023mayangelouquot

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101001savage500x100b

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101001random500x100b

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20100912picframgreenju

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20100622savbridgeban

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread 56d0883e

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread 7ca2c850

Last edited by TNaismith on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:47 pm; edited 6 times in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread Empty Re: TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 23 Jun 2010, 9:57 pm

Awesome thread. I'm going to like it!
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread Empty Re: TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread

Post by Tushaar Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:30 am

Very creative TNaismith, it makes me wonder, why aren't you a melancholic Sad
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Thu 24 Jun 2010, 2:55 am

What's a melancholic ? :O
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 24 Jun 2010, 5:38 pm

I found a really cool tutorial for animation today, it isn't anything fancy or super complex, but in my opinion it's a nice effect to learn. Decided to use Savage Heroes as the text since this was my first time trying out this technique. The tutorial that explained this to me can be found here: http://thingsbymike.com/animated-wordpress-signature-tutorial/ I might try some more of these in the future, just for practice. =)

(PS. The animating part took SOOOO long, I had to make like 30-40 new layers for each frame to make it animated...it isn't super quick to finish. Gotta be careful and take care if you want it to look good.)

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread 56d0883e

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread 7ca2c850

Last edited by TNaismith on Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Fri 25 Jun 2010, 1:07 pm

awesome send a better one to Ane
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 13 Sep 2010, 3:29 pm

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20100912picframgreenju

The border pattern isn't centered properly, should have realized that mistake. =(
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Tue 14 Sep 2010, 8:54 am

A melanchlic is a person who is melancholic. And I have to agree with Tushaar Wink

Nice thread!
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sat 02 Oct 2010, 2:09 am

Nothing really special with these ones, I liked the pictures themselves a lot, so I just added some really basic text, a 1-pixel black border, and that was it. Nothing complicated this week. =)

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101001savage500x100b

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101001random500x100b
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sat 02 Oct 2010, 2:44 am

Is that a human city??? Surprised Surprised

Very Happy
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sat 02 Oct 2010, 3:01 am

Yessies! =D
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 03 Oct 2010, 3:03 am

Nice =)
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by $asi N!nja (IL) Mon 04 Oct 2010, 6:42 am

Very Happy Vety nice TN

$asi N!nja (IL)

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 04 Oct 2010, 12:46 pm

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101003screensave400x

Here is the original of this. Was originally just testing out placing black faded-out borders on the top and bottom, but then after I got a bit carried away (As you can see from the wallpaper it turned into).
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostner Mon 04 Oct 2010, 12:50 pm

Very sexy TN. Smile
Rostner
Rostner

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Mon 04 Oct 2010, 8:26 pm

TNaismith wrote:TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101003screensave400x

Here is the original of this. Was originally just testing out placing black faded-out borders on the top and bottom, but then after I got a bit carried away (As you can see from the wallpaper it turned into).

Love it!
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Wed 20 Oct 2010, 12:14 am

You are skilled, u know... AND patient xD (something I'm not)
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sun 24 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm

Well it's been two weeks since I've made something (I have a personal goal to create something new in relation to Savage/clan every week at least, just to practice my photoshoppy skills), and so here are a few new things. Nothing surprising or really interesting -- just whatever I felt like at the moment. xD

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101023randomimage1
I'm actually not sure what I really wanted to do with this one. At first I was going to put text and add effects to turn it into a Savage or clan banner, but I accidentally re-sized the entire thing by 50% of the original -- and for some reason I liked the way it turned out. Ended up leaving it alone and not adding anything extra to it, I didn't even add a one-pixel black border like I usually do for any of my stuff. I'm thinking it could be a handy image later to use around the website or forums...or maybe I'll go back and do something with it in Photoshop one day. xD

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101023abelincolnquot
Took this screenshot from the saturday clan practice, and for some reason the way the scene looks...balanced, or maybe the word is level...I dunno, but I got the feeling this screenshot deserved to have something done about it. I re-sized the image a bit, and picked out a quote to add in as text. It isn't a really great picture or anything, was primarily experimenting with how to place text and to make it interesting to look at.

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20101023mayangelouquot
Another artwork with a quote. This one is closer to the usual 500x100 pixel-size banners I make. All I really did was crop the original image, pick a quote that I felt might be nice, and then slapped it altogether. By the way, all the quotes for these last two images are part of a five-page collection of quotes I gathered from a college school art exhibit. For two days a whole bunch of paintings, artwork and drawings were being advertised at a college school, and I went and took a look. I ended up seeing lots of paintings/art with really nice quotes that inspired me, so I took out some paper, and a pencil, and wrote some the ones I really liked to take back home with me. I ended up with five pages front-and-back of inspirational quotes. xD I'll be probably be using a lot of those for future banners/artwork here in the community sometime soon. ^^
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Sun 24 Oct 2010, 5:54 pm

Nice ones ! Very Happy
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 24 Feb 2011, 11:38 am

TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread F20110223thlongbanmulti

I was looking at a signature/banner Groentjuh had on the Newerth forums, and so I tried something similar. I might add more pictures of a Savage, Stalker, and Scavenger to the image later. Maybe. xD This was just something for fun.

Groentjuh's original banner from Newerth.com forums (All credits to Groentjuh):
TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread Groentjuh
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:03 am

Okay. I copied you. I'm so-so on the result. What do you think?
TNaismith's Random Savage Graphics Thread Failbydefault
Envy
Envy

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:26 am

The quote and the location of it on the picture is great, but the text is a bit small on the eyes.

You could try some fun tests like increasing the font size, changing the font style, and almost anything you think might be possible to 'tweak' it with in the program your using to make this. Sometimes, simplicity with a dash of customized imagination makes for some great fun!

If you are interested in making more of this stuff, it would be great to see a thread with all your creations in it, and a place for you to post future work. Think of the possibilities! Art in Savage is not lost, it's growing! Mwahahahaha!
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:50 am

Thanks for the advice. I'll take that into account!
Envy
Envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down