Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions?

+10
hlupaco
Rumo
Tushaar
Morgoth of Udun
TNaismith
Moon1ight
Corn King
NeverMind
Adam Shootyperson
Nero
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions?

Post by hlupaco Wed 12 May 2010, 1:09 am

Morg, did you lay question? (haha you cant blame me xD)

hlupaco

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Thu 13 May 2010, 6:55 pm

srry all that i am niot awnsering, but the reason for this is that we have some very seious family issues atm, and therfore i cant make time to write detaild awnsers. i thin ki will be able to awnser by monday, tuesday at the last. I am verry sorry for this inoveniance, and i hope i will be able to speak to you guys very soon.
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 13 May 2010, 7:23 pm

Take care Nero, and sort out those family problems. I know how tough and stressful it can be sometimes, things just don't work out like we wish. Get better soon mate.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Fri 14 May 2010, 10:32 am

TN you say that Documentry? I saw it too!!!
Cool thing in common. Nero, one thing,

Lets say your in a game show, and the host shows you three doors. He tells you that two of them hold goats, and 1 holds a nice new racing car which you can win. If you pick a door, and then the hosts opens one and reveals a goat, and he asks you if you want to switch doors, or stick with the same one, which is the best to do?
Envy
Envy
Clan Applications Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon1ight Fri 14 May 2010, 9:22 pm

did the host open the door I picked? Surely not, would be to easy. So, he opened another door. Now one of the remaining doors has the car and one has not. So chances are 0,5:0,5 which make it pure luck. I think I'd stay, because he opened the one door to make me insecure and make me switch.
Does he know which door I picked and does he know behind which door the car is? If yes, I think it's better to stay, because, if I've picked the wrong one, he'd just open it and I'd loose. But if I have the right one he'll try to fool me into switching by opening another door....
Moon1ight
Moon1ight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon1ight Fri 14 May 2010, 9:29 pm

Is there randomness in the world, or does everything have a reason? So, does the dice fall by gravitation and air resistance and so on, and this factors aer just to small to be measured and that's why it's called random? Or is it really random, so not depending on anything? Or do you believe its written on advance, so, everything is already predestinated and unchangeable?
Moon1ight
Moon1ight

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Sat 15 May 2010, 7:45 am

Moonlight, I have fooled you! here is why!
Monty Hall problem, Three Doors, 2 Goats, and 1 car!
Envy
Envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sun 16 May 2010, 8:56 am

I have a question : How can I get better at breathing under water ? How can I spend like 3 mins under water ?
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Sun 16 May 2010, 6:38 pm

Adam Shootyperson wrote:I have a question : How can I get better at breathing under water ? How can I spend like 3 mins under water ?

Hold your breath
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sun 16 May 2010, 7:34 pm

Woah! Thanks!

But I can only hold my breath for like 20 seconds. How can I make it to like 50 ?
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon1ight Mon 17 May 2010, 6:40 am

Nice paradoxon Envy, thanks, I like such problems.
Adam I think you could just practise to hold you breath often, breath more slowly and deep in normal life or, if your really serious about it, start playing an instrument like a trumpet or so.... The most common way would be, go swimming often and practice diving and breathing deep, so I think.
Moon1ight
Moon1ight

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Mon 17 May 2010, 8:38 am

Just practice Adam. What some people do is one night they dont breath for 12 secs. next night 14, and add two each night. It helps train slowly but surely.
Envy
Envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Tue 18 May 2010, 4:01 am

ok, im back

TN:Thaks for the posssitive suport, it means a lot to me. I think the problems are sorted now, and i can be active again Smile

Tushaar, light is fasest because its fastest and it is fysicly impossible to move faster han light. But, it is possible to move faster than light to a other observer (so ur still goin slower) by forming a bubble of normal space, and very fast shrinking the universe in front of you and at the same time expand the universse in front of you, therby being able to make ur bubbhle move faster than ligjht, but ur still slowwer than light (i hope this awnsers it)

Addam: The budists do it by very very deep meditation and practice

Rumo: life exists because of a very complex chemical proceses, and then evolving over time (actualy its just starts by beiin in the right place at the right time)

Hlupaco: I dont know

msn: Ur question is an ancient one, and the awnser is: It only depends on what you classify as egg, and what as chiken. If you say dinosaurusses are not chikens, then the egg was first, but if you say that the egg may only be chiken like, chiken was first

ENVY i dont understand what you are sayin
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Tue 18 May 2010, 4:07 am

Moon1ight wrote:Is there randomness in the world, or does everything have a reason? So, does the dice fall by gravitation and air resistance and so on, and this factors aer just to small to be measured and that's why it's called random? Or is it really random, so not depending on anything? Or do you believe its written on advance, so, everything is already predestinated and unchangeable?

well, i dont understtand what you are sayin. the outcome of the dice is not random,, as it is possible to prodic this by serious math work (i have seen that peoplee use very powerful computers (ur pc in comparicen to those are little calculators) and prodict the outcome of a roulete on 1 nuber acurate)

but randoness is something completly different. Randomness says that the world just happens, and that things like life started because some chemical stuff was just in the right place, at the right thime, at the right tempratuer.

Adam: Try hyperventilating and beliving in yourself. (hypervenilation is brethin in very fast 1 min before you dive. it can increase the time up to 30 seconds. ) And fight the will to breathe in. by training, you can practicly switch this off. and train.
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Tue 18 May 2010, 4:35 am

I have another question for you Nero. How long do you think it will take before some extra terrestrial species, far more advanced then us, will try to communicate with / conquer us? =))
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Tue 18 May 2010, 7:05 am

That's a tricky one Tush Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Tue 18 May 2010, 7:48 am

Nero just read the Wikipedia article
Envy
Envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 19 May 2010, 2:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzBtNMJUfAo

Any idea of how that's possible ? Coz I don't !
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Wed 19 May 2010, 3:22 am

Adam Shootyperson wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzBtNMJUfAo

Any idea of how that's possible ? Coz I don't !

The Force must be strong with them!!! Wink Very Happy
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 19 May 2010, 3:39 am

That's God Will!

No other explanation!
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Wed 19 May 2010, 12:41 pm

Was wondering if you get 'tanned' for being in the sun for say...2-3 days, would waiting 2-3 days without being exposed to the sun make the tan go 'back to normal' color?

(I've been working outside in gardens recently and I've gotten so tanned! I don't want to get skin cancer. >.<)
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Wed 19 May 2010, 10:22 pm

Lol.
I spend 4 hours non-stop at the sun at Copacabana Beach Very Happy

You might say that it's because I'm black. Not wrong, but not true either Very Happy I can still get skin cancer, but not easily Smile
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Thu 20 May 2010, 12:41 am

Tus, i am pretty certain when i say that there is alien life. we just havent found it. and the comunicating conquring:
just know that a light signale would take 1lightyear to reach the nearest star. As there is no life, lets say its 50 years before it reaches the next lifeform. this means that it would take another 50 years for it to return. pretty long ey Smile

so, it would need ftl travel. i think a civilization capeble of this, will be peacefull and come in peace. or they could look at us as we look att ants and step on us. (id prefer 1st possibility)
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Fri 28 May 2010, 8:17 am

A question of TN (I think this would interest him too) and me:
Is it possible to be faster than the velocity of light? =)
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Fri 28 May 2010, 11:41 am

Yes, why should one not be able to? Think, if an ant has to move across a line:

planet <---------------------------------------0------------------------> planet
The ant would have to move a certain distance. Light has to move this distance too, just it can do it faster. Now, if somehow we made the ant move a shorter distance then the light:

planet A <-----0---> planet B
Then and the ant arrives to planet B before the light, then we would call the ant "faster" then the light, because the light is taking the long way, where as the ant takes a shortcut.
You can also think of it this way. Lets say there is an ice-cream stand in the middle of a park:
And you start at the south of the park. But light is not aloud to travel on the grass, so it must go to the north side of the park, where a path is to get to the middle.. The light has to go all the away around to the path way to get to the ice cream stand because It can't travel on the grass. You can travel along the grass, so you would get there before the light because you took a shortcut. you would travel "faster" then light, and therefore you could also travel faster then time, theoretically. Get it?
Envy
Envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum