Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Savage Heroes

+7
Mchief
TNaismith
Envy
DieOrFail
Adam Shootyperson
STRESS
DeoX
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Savage Heroes - Page 2 Empty Re: Savage Heroes

Post by Raiden Fri 11 Jun 2010, 1:38 am

Looking forward to checking out the trial should be good fun! wait will we have to pay to play SH like HoN?
Raiden
Raiden

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Fri 11 Jun 2010, 1:45 am

Raiden wrote:Looking forward to checking out the trial should be good fun! wait will we have to pay to play SH like HoN?

Hell no!
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by DeoX Fri 11 Jun 2010, 2:38 am

Raiden wrote:Looking forward to checking out the trial should be good fun! wait will we have to pay to play SH like HoN?

It's a XR mod.
DeoX
DeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Fri 11 Jun 2010, 3:45 am

As long as XR is free, SH is free ;D
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Fri 11 Jun 2010, 3:54 am

Thanks Mchief. It's hard to draw that conclusion alone from the mod given the information provided already, but it makes more sense now that you explain it. =)

It is still too bad that the commander system is not being transferred over, as it sort of felt like a big part of Savage. For the sake of providing a different experience for Savage players though, it's a bold move to take. ^^
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:03 am

What the hell is SH ? Sorry have been kind of busy with real life.
Sounds like I'm living under a rock. Don't know anything about savage right now :S
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:13 am

SH = Savage Heroes! It's a new XR mod, it's actual release date is still to be announced but there is an alpha version coming soon Very Happy It is made to fill the void between savage and HoN, to attract more players from both communities for a hopefully enjoyable experiance!
Raiden
Raiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mchief Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:17 am

TNaismith wrote:Thanks Mchief. It's hard to draw that conclusion alone from the mod given the information provided already, but it makes more sense now that you explain it. =)

It is still too bad that the commander system is not being transferred over, as it sort of felt like a big part of Savage. For the sake of providing a different experience for Savage players though, it's a bold move to take. ^^

Yes indeed but considering that the matches will consists of only 5 vs 5 , maybe 6 vs 6 ( this is major change in the game and probably the part you dont wanna hear Sad ) a commander seat would be useless and probably unbalance the match. Fighting as a team will be the key here and on a higher degree than normal Savage ever will. You should take a look at some Hon matches to see what i mean.

Last edited by Mchief on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Mchief

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:18 am

It's a kind of HoN ?
Well, it's still a mod. So it's still Savage, right ? =)

I won't play it, but I'm happy to know it's still Savage Smile
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mchief Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:22 am

Savage Heroes. So yes its still savage Razz. And u will play it as long as you play with ppl u know unlike Hon.

Btw, forgot to tell, SH objects might be merged in Normal savage as well. New NPC's, effects, sounds etc.

Last edited by Mchief on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Mchief

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:24 am

Adam Shootyperson wrote:It's a kind of HoN ?
Well, it's still a mod. So it's still Savage, right ? =)

I won't play it, but I'm happy to know it's still Savage Smile

It's a mix between the two... Why won't you play it? I think the idea will be a change and I can't wait to give it a shot! Very Happy
Raiden
Raiden

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sat 12 Jun 2010, 3:30 am

At least you have to try it, Adam! xD
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sat 12 Jun 2010, 7:54 am

Ah, so another new thing I learned today then; Savage Heroes will only have a maximum of 6 vs 6 matches, and isn't planning to cater to server capacities any higher than that?

I was under the impression that it would be open to 32 vs 32 matches just like in Savage, if appropriate. However there is more logic in keeping it to what Hon used, otherwise the changes coming from Hon would be pretty meaningless -- if you had a huge team running about the map, and not possibly acting according to the close-knit teamwork required/seen in Hon. That wasn't in the list, so I jumped to conclusions. xD *Slaps self*

I have to admit, I've never played Hon, but at this moment, I'm pretty convinced it'd be worth trying Savage Heroes when it is released. Are there any website plans for Savage Heroes yet? I would love to create a link from our site to Savage Heroes as soon as possible. (Or I guess I could just link to that announcement topic too for the time being.)

Adam, after hearing all this, are you (and anyone else in TH that has a dislike for Hon) willing to try Savage Heroes once it is released? It seems like it could be different from the community atmosphere Hon has -- since Daemon mentioned they'd rather see Savage players trying the mod out -- since Hon is already extremely popular on it's own. (No doubt some Hon players will try it out anyways though.)
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by STRESS Sat 12 Jun 2010, 8:47 am

I will try SH but I think it won't be so popular because of bad graphics (using an old Savage 1 engine is not a good idea)
STRESS
STRESS

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sat 12 Jun 2010, 8:46 pm

I don't really play savage. I have other things to do in real life. sorry Sad

+ The World Cup Very Happy

Haha, I'm so glad it's still savage, because if it was like HoN, savage would be dead by now xD
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mchief Sat 12 Jun 2010, 9:05 pm

Well theoretically its limited to 5 vs 5, maybe 6 vs 6 but u can choose up to 64 vs 64 in the server settings if u want, that way i doubt u will have any fun though.

We plan on making a site ofc, but that remains to be established. As soon as we get something playable to post on it we will make one and inform u about it.

Mchief

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sat 12 Jun 2010, 9:25 pm

Why won't it work with 64 ? More players, the most fun, right ?
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by STRESS Sat 12 Jun 2010, 10:15 pm

much lags maybe? Every player will be buying items in shop and gaining levels. Imagine how it will be with 64 players
STRESS
STRESS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mchief Sat 12 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

Adam Shootyperson wrote:Why won't it work with 64 ? More players, the most fun, right ?

Not in this type of game.

Mchief

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:29 am

Any idea when it will be released?
Raiden
Raiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Mchief Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:12 am

No. But an alpha is on its way.

Mchief

Back to top Go down

Post by DeoX Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:38 am

64x thunderbringer/zeus
DeoX
DeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:55 am

I'll probably try it.

And isn't it good with 64 people, Chief ?
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Sun 13 Jun 2010, 4:41 am

*Slaps Adam with a chiprel*

If you read a bit of STRESS' post, you might get an idea Adam of why 64 people may not be a good idea.

Remember that much of the mod will be taking the atmosphere from Hon's gameplay, and if you looked at the list of planned features posted by Hakugei:

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,10887.msg136708.html#msg136708
Hakugei wrote:Savage features:
Melee.
Block.
Leap.
Necessity to aim skills.
Physics. (e.g. jumping, sliding)
Stamina.

Heroes of Newerth features:
Predefined skills/spells.
Shops (Base/Outpost/Secret shop to buy additional items from.
Stun.
Silence.
Cooldown for skills/spells.
Health/Mana.
Lane-orientated battle. (Predefined towers, too.)
Creep-orientated battle.
Killing-dying (based on HoN more than on Savage)
Proper levelups.
Gold (based on HoN, more than on Savage).
Assists (not yet implemented, but perhaps one day - not so important, though).
Hero system. (Predefined stats, skills and no switching heroes between spawns)
Runes.
Unique maps.

Purposely excluded:
No commander. (Savage)
No buffs. (Savage)
No attack speed changes. (HoN)

That should be all.

...you'll probably see most of the features are transferred over from Hon. Since small games (3vs3, 6vs6) were a huge part in making up Hon's fun gameplay *so I have been told*, that is probably why that concept of small matches is also being applied for developing Savage Heroes.

If servers still have the ability to post up playercounts to 64 though, I bet some people will try it out for the first bit to see if it gets popular. Will be interesting to see whether 64-player servers do work/fail.

And good to hear you'll try if Adam. =D Not trying something new is well....USUALLY worse than trying. But there are exceptions. Wink

Last edited by TNaismith on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mchief Sun 13 Jun 2010, 4:50 am

well its difficult to explain, if u didnt play HON.

K, I'll try to make an overview about what its gonna be like.

U all played savage and u know that hp / stamina / damage increase at certain lvls and and reaches max at 20 ( if i remember right). Well here u will be limited to lvl 25, afterwards u will not gain exp anymore, but it wont be as easy as in savage. Every lvl u will gain a specified amount of each of the three stats (strength which is bonus hp and a very slight regen, agility will increase your damage and physical armor the and intelligence will boost your mana pool and mana regen) which is different from character to character, and a skill point which u can use to boost one of the 4 spells or boost your stats which again is different from character to character.

U will start very weak at the beginning (even weaker than in savage) and u will have to rely on your creeps which will spawn on every lane, every minute to push the enemy creeps and destroy their towers. This is called " early game" when all players are weak and have to kill enemy creeps to lvl up (ye sounds boring, but it isnt believe me Wink ) .

Your goal is to try and ambush the enemy players when they are vulnerable or alone ( this is why a 64 vs 64 would be terrible) so u can lvl up and gain gold faster than them.

When the player reaches lvl 6 he will be allowed to lvl up his 4 th skill in the skill list ,the "Ultimate". The Ultimate is always or almost the best skill of every character but generally costs huge amounts of mana and has a long cool-down ( so use it wisely).

So i think this is all with the early game part, lets go for "mid game". This is the part where players have lvled up their skills and bought certain items. It is the part where each character reaches maturity and gets specialized on certain kinds of fighting styles. What i mean by fighting styles is that every player gets a role in the game, ints rely on high damage or damage on time spells, stuns etc, agility rely on damage, and surprise atacks, while strength heroes get resistant so they can survive as well as defend their mates ( -->team play).

Usually this is the time when everyone leaves their lane to "gank" ( group attack) the other team in its vulnerable parts, be it an isolated players or a tower.

When all players have lvled up ( not necessarily to lvl 25) and the balance is ripped off is called " late game". Its the phase when ppl prepare for the final attacks on their opponents base. There is nothing left to do than attack and defend and if u survived the attack , strike or push the enemy back to their base.

The team who kills the enemy headquarter wins.

I will update this post if i notice that i missed something, so be sure to take a look at it from time to time.

Edit: thnx for the pic Die. Should help others understand it better.

Savage Heroes - Page 2 Dotamapbersicht1_large

Last edited by Mchief on Wed 16 Jun 2010, 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Mchief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next