Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morgoth of Udun's Blog - 70 days: retrospect

2 posters

Go down

Morgoth of Udun's Blog - 70 days: retrospect Empty Morgoth of Udun's Blog - 70 days: retrospect

Post by TNaismith Thu 30 Dec 2010, 7:46 am

Hello again everyone of the TH' community!

Morgoth of Udon, a fellow member of the community, has made a recent new post to his blog (http://www.walkontheotherside.com/). He is currently on a 6-month trek in New Zealand, taking the 'Te Araoa' hiking trail. His latest blog post is quite interesting to read, as he makes some interesting comments about how he feels about his journey so far.

Also, Morgoth, I read in the news here in Canada that New Zealand just went through a very major earthquake, one of the worst in many years. I hope your alright mate. The television said damage was mostly in the cities, so hopefully being outside on hiking trails was a bit more... safe.

Many of us at TH' are keeping up with your blog and hope your having a good holiday hiking on the 'Te Araoa' trail in New Zealand. =)

~ TNaismith

http://www.walkontheotherside.com/
Morgoth of Udun wrote:
If you commence a journey like this, you hope silently it will change you one way or another. That you will be able to bring home more than memories and photographs, that some of the mental change the journey give you sticks. Now day 75, more or less 'halfway', is coming closer and not much in happening in Hamilton, it seemed a good time to look back.
As asked by Geert, I started looking through my diary and thinking about what this journey left behind in my head until now:

On day 25 I wrote that the rush seemed to have left the world. Now I wonder if it ever was here. Rushing is last thing that occupies my mind. Everything never is in a rush.

I'm not really worried about anything either. An example: here in Hamilton all my maps from Te Kuiti (7 days after Hamilton) to Bluff should be. They are not, they are lost in the post somewhere and customer service is looking for them. I think that 'before' I'd be slightly in panic now: "Without my maps I can't walk! What to do now? What now?" Ah, if they're not found, I'll just print them out again. No problem.

I already told you that being here, walking every day and the whole routine of packing and unpacking have become the way of life and that I'm only busy with what's happening now, which is still the case
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Morgoth of Udun's Blog - 70 days: retrospect Empty Re: Morgoth of Udun's Blog - 70 days: retrospect

Post by Rumo Thu 30 Dec 2010, 11:20 am

I really enjoy looking at your photos.

One question: How is the feeling walking through the beautiful and quiet wilderness, lonely and with a lot time for yourself and then suddently entering a big city like Auckland? That must be a real shock seeing those huge buildings at the far distance and hearing the loud traffic again?
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down