Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz

+8
Morgoth of Udun
TNaismith
Rumo
Adam Shootyperson
Epic Blood
DieOrFail
Corn King
thunder
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz Empty [Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz

Post by thunder Sun 19 Jun 2011, 4:25 am

1. In-Game Savage Name. Please provide any other nicknames you go by.
Answer: I sometimes go by 'Ignis', but not so much anymore

2. Links to your Newerth.com Stats.
Answer:

3. Which servers do you play on most.
Answer: I usually go to Leet US Public or Funny Guys Girl Funpark

4. Please tell about any previous clans, and which years you were a member.
Answer: I used to be in Fox, 2-3 years ago. I was only in it for 4-5 months

5. Teamspeak 2, Teamspeak 3 and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is strongly encouraged. Are you willing to use it?
Answer: Yes i am

6. Write a few sentences/paragraphs (or even more if you want!) about yourself. Discuss why you want to join the community and clan, as well as anything else about yourself that might seem interesting or helpful for us to know. If you want, you can also include information such as; what do you expect from TH, how do you feel about our community's vision and atmosphere, and what do you expect TH to give you.
Answer: I live in the United States. I want (not expecting) a friendly community that doesn't get mad in clan wars if I mess up. In savage, most of the time I'm good, but sometimes I don't do to well. TH looks like a clan that suits me, because I don't think I'm ready for all the really big clans yet. My brother, CuRsED, is trying out for warriors. I also expect TH to help me in the NSL and clan wars, because I'm still trying to get used to a competitive clan, and Fox never helped me out that much. So if you guys could give me advice on tournaments, when games are, who we're playing, etc. That would be great.

7. The process for joining TH means you have to go through a vote to be accepted into JH (Junior Hunters, our Trial Clan). Then, depending on your attitude/personality, you will then go through a final vote into TH if you pass the first stage. JH votes and TH votes will last up to two weeks each. Do you accept this agreement?
Answer: I completely agree that it is neccesary for the voting to be that long, for it takes some time to watch how they play and to make your descision.

8. All rules, policies and guidelines must be followed by all TH Members at all time. Violation or failure to follow any of the rules in the clan can result in severe punishment or a ban. By signing your name below, you agree to follow our rules at all times and to accept the consequences if you don't. You also agree to uphold the clan values, vision, goals, and conduct at all times. Type your name below here to show you accept the agreement.
Name:
Thunder
thunder
thunder

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz Empty Re: [Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz

Post by Corn King Sun 19 Jun 2011, 4:29 am

Hil! Welcome!

Feel free to post in our forum and Good Luck! Smile
Corn King
Corn King

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz Empty Re: [Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz

Post by thunder Sun 19 Jun 2011, 4:33 am

I'm sorry I forgot to fill out #2. I didn't understand it, so if you mean like your kills, etc. then You can find me under Name: Thunder (although there is someone else named Thunder who I don't think plays anymore) or Ignis. Username: Pgm,Apple,HoS,US
The usernames there are others, so you might have to try to find my name. If it makes it easier, I can do all my clans and put the name under Ignis, because I believe there is no one else named Ignis. So if that makes it easier then I can do that.

Thank you guys for reading my post. If I don't make it, then I guess it's just my fault. You guys can choose freely Yes or No.
thunder
thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:34 am

Welcome Thunder!
Like CornKing said, have a look at the forums here and get in contact with our little community here. Smile
Take your time and read carefully what we are about if you haven't done it yet.
We're not about competition, friendship, community, kindness are the big words here. =)
I don't care how good/bad you are, and I think the other members have a similar opinion.
But I don't care about competition neither. We see all the clan- and funwars more relaxed than other clans and don't mind losing. And we will give you as much help as you want of course!
If you agree with these ideas, you're right here. Smile

A few different things:
Do you know what IRC is and do you know how to use it? Would be great to have a real-time chat with you Wink
If you have no idea about IRC, just ask and I'll tell you what it is and how you use it.

Finally, some questions!
What is your favorite book, and do you have any movies/games you love?
Are there any other things you want to know about TH or about me?
Just ask! Very Happy

EDIT: No problem about the stats thingy. You can check your stats/usernames/nicknames here:
http://www.newerth.com/?id=stats
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:24 am

Hello Thunder ! Very Happy
I wish you luck in the voting, and feel free to post in other sections of the forum =)
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

@DieOrFail no i do not know what IRC is. my brother just told me to put in Yes lol. My favorite book is The Lost Hero. Thank you for the advice!
thunder
thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:35 pm

Hey Thunder Smile
Good to see you here.

Don't forget we are a clan that focuses on teamwork, teamspirit, attitude, personality.
Not skills and clanwars.

We DO play clanwars, but we don't attend them 'to win'
We attend them because it's fun to see everyone in teamspeak, have a good time, and maybe we win, y'see? Smile
This is the kind of clan we are Smile

Anyways, your apply seems good to me.
So good luck with your vote! Wink
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumo Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

Good luck, Thunder =)
Rumo
Rumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

am I allowed to ask about you're age?
This will not affect your vote Very Happy (Unless you're under 10 years old xD)

lol!
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:42 pm

@Epic Blood good thing cuz im 12
thunder
thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:05 am

OK Very Happy
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Blood Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:06 am

Where do you live?

What do you like to do in your spare time?
Epic Blood
Epic Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:27 am

Epic Blood wrote:Where do you live?

thunder wrote:I live in the United States.

LURK MOAR! Razz
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:45 pm

Hello thunder,

Your time posting here and writing the application is very appreciated, and reading your recent replies, you seem to have put some serious thought into your decision.

But before starting your application vote, I would like to give you a little more information about the TH family, and hopefully you can confirm whether you still want to join us or not afterwards.

Information: It looks like you expect a high level of competitive training and preparation for becoming a regular skilled, competitive clanwar player. TH is not a place for competitive training nor is it a place to train before playing with bigger the clans'. Our main goal is on developing a friendly video-game community, without having competitive gameplay as the 100% focus. For example, some people want to join clans just to play in competitive clanwars, care only about raising their skills, or to gain 'skilled reputation' in the game... if you match any of those, then TH is probably not the right home for you. We do participate and play in clanwars, and competitive matches... but our family isn't about being competitive -- it's about a community of friends, and social fun that doesn't rely on heavy aspects of competition/skills/clanwars/tournaments that other clans usually focus on.

If you wish to join TH, we expect members to be here for the long-term goals of social, friendly, inclusive, and fun community that plays video-games together -- but doesn't place competitive actions first -- this community places growing positive, and lasting friendships with each other first... and anything competitive merely is a small tool in helping us get there.

I hope this helps you re-think your decision. Please let us know if you wish to continue with your application, or if you have second-thoughts and wish to cancel. As much as we would love to have new members (that suit our atmosphere and family), it is just as important that people making decisions to join (like you ^^) are given enough background information to double-check TH is really the kind of place and video-game family they wish to become a member of.

Take your time to think about this, and reply back in this topic when your ready. Let us know if you wish to continue with your application, or if you wish to cancel/withdraw.

If you are interested in another clan that we can recommend to you, consider the http://wwolves.com/, also known as WW, or the White Wolves. Their clan does focus on training and preparing members to become skilled, and competitive players. Many of their members are friendly, fun, easy-going, yet have a determined passion to train competitively both within individual skill, and at the clanwar teamplay tournament levels. Check out their website or look for members with this icon ([Declined] Thunder wants to join The Hunterz 8148) in-game if you wish to find out more.

Thank you again for your time! Please reply soon and let us know if TH is really the place you would like to try joining, or if you have changed your mind (after reading what I wrote above. ^^). Cheers.

~ TNaismith

"You can accomplish anything you put your mind to if you stay persistent and disciplined." ~ Author Unknown

Last edited by TNaismith on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm

Well said, TN. I was about to write something similar, but suspected you were working on it Wink

Welcome to the forums, thunder!
I hope to see you in game Smile
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:21 am

TN maybe you misunderstood me, as my explanation was a little confusing, but I didn't expect hardcore training or anything like that. I just wanted to know when games were so I could go and have fun there. Perhaps I could've been a little bit more explanitory, but i hope this post helps you understand it better.
thunder
thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

Thank you thunder. ^^ That does explain things a little better now. In TH we definitely try hard to let members know when games are so as many members can go. Hope that matches your expectation. =)

However, there are a few things that I would ask for some more explanation on:

thunder wrote:TH looks like a clan that suits me, because I don't think I'm ready for all the really big clans yet ... I also expect TH to help me in the NSL and clan wars, because I'm still trying to get used to a competitive clan ...

You don't expect hardcore training, but it seems you expect some levels of competitive training -- training that can help you prepare to join big clans or competitive clans (like real competitive clans that are different from TH). Can you explain what you mean by 'I'm not ready for the bigger clans yet' and 'I'm still trying get used to a competitive clan'.

Thanks. ^^ We very much appreciate your time in answering these questions and talking with us.

Ah, and can you please write again whether you want to continue your application or cancel? I mentioned it in my last post, and now that you read it (I hope ^^), you can let us know if your still interested in joining.

Last edited by TNaismith on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon1ight Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

Yes, TN took my words out of my mouth^^

Welcome on thehunterz, Thunder and feel free to post and be part of the community, but please consider TN's words and see that we're not a clan to join in order to gain high skills and a proper training for clanwars.

The White Wolves, on the other hand, have the Cubs, which are a clan which is made to train people to a good level of competitive skill, but are still relatively easy to enter. Maybe that's the way to go for you Smile
Moon1ight
Moon1ight

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:53 am

I meant by 'Getting used to a competitve clan' meaning I'm going to try to get used to playing on savage at a certain time of the day, posting regularly, etc. I meant 'I am not ready for big clans yet' meaning that I hope that TH can get me used to playing on savage at a certain time, playing with the same people, that kind of stuff. I hope that this explains your questions TN. And yes, I would like my application to continue. Thanks!
thunder
thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriti Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:04 am

I think what you trying to say is that you hope that TH' will set you straight in Savage, and help you improve your teamwork, how to communicate with each other and when, and when to connect into savage and finding alot of other clan members.

Seriti

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:05 am

Thank you for your answers thunder, I think they will go a very long way to helping the community decide on your vote(s)... they will certainly help me ^^. You certainly are welcome to continue your application, and on that note, your trial-vote has started, and will end on Wednesday, July 6th 2011. If there are changes we will let you know in this topic. ^^

Be as active on the forums, in-game, and around the community as much as you see fit. The more people can see you around here, posting in certain topics, playing in-game, or even on TS2 if you can manage it... the more people see you around, the better they can come to a final decision on your vote!

Good luck, and please look around and continue to observe whether we are the right home and community you'd like to join! ^^
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriti Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:15 am

I am currently inactive due to my exams, and i don't seem lucky to find you in-game and talk to you.

Let's speak here!

Tell me, what do you think about today's school timeboards?
I work approximately 34 periods of 45 minutes per week at the school, do you think that it suits a student, too much? I need more?

Seriti

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:32 am

Seriti, imo that's too much. I have had 36 this year and 34 next year...And it's a lot.
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:43 am

What the hell are you debating?
Start a topic in the off topic session, we're not discussing about school here.

And as far as I remember, there's a chat in the forums :p
Up there *points up*

@Seriti and DoF
Adam Shootyperson
Adam Shootyperson

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOrFail Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:52 am

Heh, we can talk here with the applicant. We want his opinion, just a nice chat here. Smile
DieOrFail
DieOrFail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next