Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A TH Banner

+10
Envy
Ulquiorra
Feathers
Morgoth of Udun
Dino Exp.
MarchRisker
Tushaar
Hunt3r
TNaismith
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A TH Banner Empty A TH Banner

Post by TNaismith Mon 29 Jun 2009, 2:22 pm

This is my first work on a TH Banner. I used photoshop CS2 for this one, but as you can see I need a whole lot of practice still with it. I'm thinking of just calling this experimental and start making another new/better one.

A TH Banner Thbanner090628

I apologize for the horrible sense of color and design, I'm still learning. ^^

Update June 30th 2009:

Here is another TH Banner I've made. This is merely to keep practicing my photoshop abilities. Your free to use if you really want, but I advise waiting until better banners are available.

A TH Banner Final02THBanner_09-06-30

Update July 1st 2009:

Below is another TH Banner I've made for practice. The images I used were taken by myself, and the dimension sizes are still 500 Pixel Width by 100 Pixel Height. Credits to Hunt3r for making the 'TH' out of objects from Savage XR. (Where you can move boxes and ladders into certain positions)

A TH Banner Final03THBanner_090701-1

Update July 3rd 2009:

Decided to create and experiment with another banner. I also decided to try creating different versions with the different TH Icons. Credits to March for originally giving the idea to start using the Clan Icons in the banners. This is what I got. Enjoy.

A TH Banner Final-04-YellowIconBanner

A TH Banner Final-04-WhiteIconBanner

A TH Banner Final-04-RedIconBanner

A TH Banner Final-04-PinkIconBanner

A TH Banner Final-04-GreenIconBanner

A TH Banner Final-04-BlueIconBanner

A TH Banner Final-04-BlackIconBanner

Update July 8th 2009:

Well without personal preferences, information, or requests, I can't make a complete banner. However, I've decided to create a rough template, and here is the first I've created. It took me hours to work on this one, and I hope someone might want to use it for a signature or personal banner. If nobody takes this one up, I'll probably turn it into a clan banner for further advertising.

A TH Banner Final-05-TH-Banner

This signature/banner was made with the help of two awesome tutorials;
  • Make An Advanced Border
  • Photoshop Cs2: Full Signature Tutorial

All the pictures were taken by myself from different Savage servers. I decided to add some extra information, like 'Savage: Battle for Newerth', as well as text telling people to visit newerth.com. This was simply something I wanted to try out, since newerth.com is pretty much the main hub for community resources and discussion about the game.

Also, a note for future banners, I believe I might start cutting down on attaching the forum link to the clan forums, simply because right now there are changes being discussed, and a new domain is a possibility. That means the current forums might become out of date, and that wouldn't be good for future art work if there is outdated information. So be aware of that for the next few months or so. I may/may not decide to keep the links to the clan forums in future banners, though I'll probably substitute that with at least the name of the clan.

I do have some ideas for what kind of text, information, etc to put in the space to the left of the Legionarre, but if some of you would like to use this template for a personal sig, please pass approximately the kind of text you want in the banner. Don't expect to have everything fit though, I may need to cut and edit to make things fit.

I'll be doing my best to make more templates/banners in the future, so this one definitely isn't my last--but it does take a lot of time I have to admit.

Update September 21st 2009:

A TH Banner E5bcffb1

Here is another banner I've created just to get back into the practice of Photoshopping. This will probably be part of a weekly update I will begin to start. Every week I'll try to take some nice screenshots of games on Savage servers, and then each week, I'll dedicate myself time to make one Savage-related piece of graphics, banner, or artwork to upload and share. I'm no professional, but I'll share it anyways, and those that find it any decent can use it for whatever purposes they want. Right now, most graphics I'll be making are going to be banners/signatures people can put onto their forum sigs to help advertise for TH on other Savage-related sites. =D Anyways, this sig was made using one screenshot from Savage during last weekend. Spruced up the background with some design brushes (You can look on the internet for many free extra brush packages to add to Photoshop), and then I fiddled around with the text. Did some color overlays, did a lot of fiddling with the size of the font, and also tried a lot of different ideas using the 'Stroke' options. Good enough for me, and I'll try again next week. Laters. ^^

TNaismith

Update January 8th 2010:

Well after months since the last banner I made this one is just something small to get me back into the habit. (I hopefully plan to dedicate time to making 1-2 banners every week for Savage/TH, just to practice my Photoshop skills and to improve. ^^). This one isn't anything super special. I just merged two screenshots together (By gently erasing one side to blend with the other -- use a soft brush for this), then I added in some text, reduced the fill a lot so that it blended into the sky, and then did a basic stroke border with some extra blending options added.

I was also trying out a 'glossy' effect using this Photoshop tutorial. I don't think it worked that well, but maybe I'm not using it right hehe:
  • Glossy Effect Tutorial [photoshop]

A TH Banner F09thbanner

Update April 20th 2010:

Here are two more banners, I decided to work on these just to get back into the spirit of banner-making (again! ^.^). Not my best...but I do like them, because I find good quotes help give me even more inspiration to keep going. I didn't use any specific tutorials for this one, but the quotes are from other people. The first one is a quote my mother has posted in our living room that overlooks the beautiful mountains in our area ("Peace begins with a smile"), and it reminds me all the time that being friendly and a nice person is much important than trying to win silly arguments or to try and show your better than others. >.>

The second quote ("Happiness comes as a result of helping others") is from a book called 'A Thousand Paths to personal power", by Robert Allen page 402. The book was lent to me from a very close teacher back in my high school who saw me looking at the book in his classroom, and then said I could borrow it for 'as long as I need'. I know I have to give the book back someday....(Had it for at least 3 months now xD)...but I really can't give it up! So many great things to read in there whenever I'm feeling down. ^^

Anyways. Hopefully these two graphics will get me in the 'graphics' mood again to make that savage graphics for the cartoon contest deadline soon. (May 5th!). ^.^ Enjoys.

A TH Banner Fthbannerpeacesmile

A TH Banner Fthbannerhappihelp

~ TNaismith

Last edited by TNaismith on Tue 20 Apr 2010, 7:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

A TH Banner Empty Re: A TH Banner

Post by Hunt3r Mon 29 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

I would ask for Jaanus's help, he have some experience with photoshop.
Hunt3r
Hunt3r
Original Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Mon 29 Jun 2009, 5:13 pm

I will talk to Jaanus, thanks Hunt3r.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Mon 29 Jun 2009, 9:57 pm

Mwahah the banner's great! =))
Don't know if my photoshop loads though, haven't used it in ages =)
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Tue 30 Jun 2009, 3:20 am

xD Get it working ASAP Jaanus! I need to learn photoshop! =D
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Tue 30 Jun 2009, 7:54 am

Ok, works, Perhaps you wish a moving banner? A moving picture i mean of course.
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Wed 01 Jul 2009, 4:11 am

Yeah! I've always wanted to make a moving banner, but I always got to scared to learn because it sounds like it might be complicated. >.<
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Wed 01 Jul 2009, 5:50 am

It actually is complicated Razz What about you tell me what theme pictures, colors, text and moving objects you want and i will try to make thy bidding Smile
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Wed 01 Jul 2009, 9:44 am

A Standard TH Banner

Size (In Pixels): 500 Width, 100 Height

Pictures:

Here are the pictures I've taken that would be nice to have incorporated. For the screenshots with all the NPC's running at me, pick one that looks best, and crop the NPC's running at me and put them somewhere on the banner. I was thinking they could represent the entire TH clan working together and looking cool side-by-side. For the other three pictures, you can use them as background image/scenery. Do what you want with them.

A TH Banner Shot00141.thA TH Banner Shot00139.thA TH Banner Shot00140.thA TH Banner Shot00191x.thA TH Banner Shot00175.thA TH Banner Shot00176.th

A TH Banner Shot00265.thA TH Banner Shot00255.thA TH Banner Shot00264o.th

Color:

For color I was thinking of warm colors--yellow, orange, light brown. For objects like text and eye-catching objects, try a theme of light green, light blue, or red. Friendly and 'happy' feeling kind of colors are what I was aiming for.

Text:

For text, just make sure to include the following words in the banner. What colors you want is up to you.

TH Clan
The Hunterz Clan

Optional Words: Teamwork, Competitive, Competition, Friendly, Friendship, Community, Activity

Optional Link: Visit our forums at: thehunterz.forumotion.com

Moving Objects:

For moving objects, I think 'TH Clan' or 'The Hunterz Clan' can be moving. Also, maybe some moving images like grass moving in the breeze, tree leaves swaying, or clouds moving in the sky would be cool too.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Wed 01 Jul 2009, 3:21 pm

Here is another TH Banner I've made. This is merely to keep practicing my photoshop abilities. Your free to use if you really want, but I advise waiting until better banners are available.

A TH Banner Final02THBanner_09-06-30
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r Wed 01 Jul 2009, 4:27 pm

TNaismith, my PC is preety good and i think those pictures that u made might look beeter with a higher resolution and best possible qualitiy. If u want so, catch me online so we can do this.
Hunt3r
Hunt3r
Original Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r Wed 01 Jul 2009, 9:11 pm

http://img505.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=20697978.jpg
Hunt3r
Hunt3r
Original Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Thu 02 Jul 2009, 2:40 am

Hunt3r wrote:http://img505.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=20697978.jpg

I'm sorry hunter, but i am not allowed to take your pictures unless you pay.
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r Thu 02 Jul 2009, 2:59 am

I give you my copyrights, you dont have to pay for them.
You use your photoshop skills to do some kick ass banner, I dont have to pay you.
Fair deal tbh.
Hunt3r
Hunt3r
Original Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Thu 02 Jul 2009, 3:15 am

Hunt3r wrote:I give you my copyrights, you dont have to pay for them.
You use your photoshop skills to do some kick ass banner, I dont have to pay you.
Fair deal tbh.

Just give me time xD I have a job and will go to an event from 3rd to 5th July =)))
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 02 Jul 2009, 5:03 pm

I have to admit Hunt3r is very good at being a professional photographer over Teamspeak xD. He was like 'Move just a little to left....ahh! Perfect!' and 'C'mon NPC Behe.....just a little closer...smile for the camera....yay! Very good!'

=D

It was really fun, and if you click on Hunt3r's link above, there are some really good nature/scene shots. I plan to use some for practicing more TH Banners once I'm ready.

Below is another TH Banner I've made for practice. The images I used were taken by myself, and the dimension sizes are still 500 Pixel Width by 100 Pixel Height. Credits to Hunt3r for making the 'TH' out of objects from Savage XR. (Where you can move boxes and ladders into certain positions)

A TH Banner Final03THBanner_090701-1
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MarchRisker Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:18 pm

if you wanna make a banner i suggest you put something in it that relates to TH

so that if people see the banner without text, they know its about the hunters
MarchRisker
MarchRisker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:06 pm

like our icon and stuff?
Hunt3r
Hunt3r
Original Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:10 pm

Thank you for that suggestion MarchRisker. I am hoping that someone can provide the images for the TH clan icons soon, and then I can add them to the banners. Until then, I have to make do without them.

I think our icons would be what he is talking about Hunt3r. ^^
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MarchRisker Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:20 pm

icon is a good way to start, but i was also thinking, because the name is the hunterz, put a little bullseye in it, or picture of the mmbow/coil/lighting something to do with hunting ^^

cant see anywhere where i can upload stuff, but you can copy the icon from newerth site , search for the clan and press on the image to load it

http://stats.newerth.com/icondir/36299.png
MarchRisker
MarchRisker

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:56 pm

Very good suggestions March. I've gone through newerth.com and re-saved all the TH clan icons. I have about 7-8 colors now. =D

As for putting some kind of image/unique icon to TH in the banner, I'll try and practice with a MMBow or something. I haven't done something like that so far because I don't think TH has any specific icon like that besides the in-game clan icon.

I'm not good at making specific clan icons, but if someone gives me an icon to use, I can use it.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the ideas March. Keep it up.
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Exp. Fri 03 Jul 2009, 1:32 am

Tushaar wrote:
Fair deal tbh.

Just give me time xD I have a job and will go to an event from 3rd to 5th July =)))

Drinking Competition? drunken
Dino Exp.
Dino Exp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tushaar Fri 03 Jul 2009, 3:11 am

Dino Exp. wrote:
Tushaar wrote:
Fair deal tbh.

Drinking Competition? drunken

Nayy Razz It is an interesting event and you can't be there! =) But definatly not associated with drinking =)
Drinking is every other day except 3-5 Razz
Tushaar
Tushaar
Clan Scouting Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgoth of Udun Fri 03 Jul 2009, 4:27 am

ROFL.

Got holidays now, I might get bored (read: I will get bored) and try some banners. Prepare! :p
Morgoth of Udun
Morgoth of Udun

Back to top Go down

Post by TNaismith Fri 03 Jul 2009, 11:49 am

Banners from Morgoth? Can't wait to see what it looks like! =D
TNaismith
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content